Part XI

Since their visit at the park, the two came to a mutual, unspoken understanding of their relationship. They would enjoy each other's presence for as long as time would allow. Billie had no intentions of pressuring her to make any rash decisions, though it hurt to know that she was the better pick.

Billie saw the way Gillian looked at her and it spoke a thousand words. Even the way she looked away was just as telling. When the eye contact became just a little to much, a tight smile tugged on her lips and she'd turn her head, pretending something else had caught her attention.

But Billie knew the real reason. And Gillian knew that her efforts were unconvincing, the bashfulness on her face giving it away.

She was caught red-handed every time without failure.

Sure, maybe Billie wasn't number one yet, but neither was Malik.

Fortunately for Billie, she was the kind of person who oftentimes came out victorious. If she wanted something, she'd go above and beyond to get it.

So, Billie figured that's exactly what she needed to do to cut the thin string still attached to Gillian and Malik.

She wasn't a stranger to going an extra mile and Gilly had only received a taste of this so far.

If this was a competition, she wasn't competing against Malik, he was barley in the running. She was competing against herself, constantly trying to one-up whatever she did last.

Perhaps that was where her cocky attitude came from— wanting to perform better because she knew she was better.

Billie had been thinking all day, wondering what she could do to make Gillian feel like the prize she was.

In this process and on top of her busy schedule, she and Gilly had not gotten the chance to properly talk or meet up.

When Billie received an extremely sassy text from Gilly, it suddenly became clear where she wanted to take her.

"Do you wanna see me, yes or no?"

"get ready for 8
wear pink
pls"

Almost immediately, Gillian called her phone. Billie shook her head with a smile and answered, somewhat expecting her to do this.

"Yes?"

"What the hell are you up to?" She questioned, sounding both suspicious and intrigued.

"Nothin', just get ready. Can you do that for me?"

There was something about Billie's verbiage that made Gillian succumb easily. For once, she liked being bossed around and told what to do.

Once Gillian agreed and the call ended, Billie showered and ever so carefully, put her outfit together. Each ring, each chain, and every other pink accessory was picked with Gilly in mind.

Eight o'clock approached slowly for Billie but rather quickly for Gillian. Parked outside of her apartment, Billie waited five minutes before she came.

She apologized as Billie opened the car door for her, though it went in one of Billie's ears and out the other. Her attention focused on what she was wearing— complete and utter perfection.

After they settled in the car, Billie leaned over the arm rest and they shared a quick kiss, then drove off.

To Gillian's surprise, wherever they had just arrived, came with valet service.