Part XIV

Erika's words left a pungent taste in Billie's mouth, feelings of hostility began to brew from within. She had always said she was her own worst enemy and she believed it now more than ever.

She could've chosen to ignore the nonsense told to her but it was difficult to do so when she had doubts even before then.

Luckily, most of her resentment was directed towards Malik.

Although it was only Thursday and Gilly agreed to let her meet him on Friday, Billie stopped by Gillian's house anyway. Her intentions were admittedly ill conceived and either came from a place of jealousy or inferiority.

She wanted to piss him off and maybe Gillian too in the process.

Her original motive went right out the window after the night at the club.

Billie showed up uninvited to Gillian's apartment with plans to be completely and authentically herself, not caring whose toes she may step on.

She knocked on the door and shoved her hands for her pockets as she waited. The irony of how long she waited amused her.

Eventually, Gillian opened the door and instantly stepped outside, closing it behind her after seeing her face.

"Why the hell are you here?" she whisper-yelled, the smug grin on Billie's face doing wonders in infuriating her. "I said Friday."

"Hi to you too? You look good. New lash set?"

"Billie."

"Essence?"

Gillian groaned and turned opposite of Billie, raking her mind in an attempt to figure out what to do.

"What do you want?" She sighed, facing her again.

"I wanna see you. And him. Just for a lil bit... Maybe I'll stay for dinner too."

"You can't."

"Why not? Isn't it rude to deny a guest?" Billie pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, failing to hide her smile.

Gillian glared at her for a second too long and quickly realized she would not go away even if bribed.

"Is that a yes?"

"Just dinner. Nothing more."

"Yes ma'am."

"I hate you," Gillian murmured, walking inside again.

Billie's eyes fell to her ass as she followed in the apartment, her voice trailed off, "So fine..."

It was her first time properly seeing the interior of the apartment. It was nicely decorated and welcoming, all thanks to Gillian she supposed.

Billie suddenly stumbled back when someone small wrapped their arms around her leg in a hug.

Her ego dissipated after witnessing the smile on Elias' face. The impression she made must've been noteworthy because he was clearly ecstatic to see her.

Billie crouched to hug him properly, "Hi, buddy."

Leaning over the kitchen counter, Gillian watched them with a budding smile of her own. She was less than pleased with Billie's abrupt arrival but this made up for it. For now at least.

Moments after Eli complimented Billie's pants, Malik walked out of the bedroom, confusion written over his face.

His eyes flickered from Billie to Gillian.

"Who's this?"

Billie stood up and curiously waited for Gillian's response.

"Billie. We met at the gym." Gilly shot
glances at Billie, silently telling her to go along with it.