Part XIII

A song by Bryson Tiller Gillian was unfamiliar with boomed in the background of the strip club.

Seated closer to the club section than strip, Gillian's feelings of apprehension shun through.

The night before, Billie's persuasion got the best of her and she somehow agreed to let her meet Malik on Friday—briefly of course.

Billie insisted she was just curious to know if he was truly as bad as Gillian made him out to be. But this was undoubtedly a white lie, she knew Malik was bottom of the barrel. There was no reason for Gilly to lie about that.

Yes, she had her moments of guilt, especially when she was face to face with Eli. She had never been one for intruding in homes and oftentimes shamed others for doing so, but the second she realized the home she was stepping into wasn't so happy, she stopped beating herself up about it.

It was also difficult to resist something you want, when it was perfectly in arms reach.

Billie supposed a small part of her only wanted to meet him to make herself feel better. If that was selfish of her, she didn't mind owning up to it.

Billie sensed Gillian's nervousness almost immediately upon turning her head to look at her. Her eyes darted across her features and a downward smile took over her lips.

Music as loud as ever, she leaned in close to Gillian's ear so she could hear her. "Don't look so worried. I'll play nice."

Gillian seemed unconvinced, her own eyes narrowly sharply at Billie.

"I swear."

Even with a protective hand on her thigh, her nerves were still sky high.

"This is crazy, I shouldn't have said yes."

The situation was stressing her out more and more by the second.

"Relax,"

"Relax? What kind of person lets their baby daddy meet their—" Gillian suddenly paused, unsure of what to label their relationship.

Billie's grin was was wide as ever. "Their what?" She teased. "What are we?"

Before Gilly could compose an answer, Erika, a bottle girl who had been working here long before Gilly's arrival, offered Billie a bottle of Patrón.

Less than interested, Billie lifted her hand momentarily off of Gillian's thigh and declined. "I'm good, thanks."

"It's on the house. Friend of a friend discount." She winked at Gillian.

The pair shared a look only they could understand, before Billie shrugged and grabbed the small neck of the glass bottle from her hands.

Gillian didn't know much about Erika except that she drove an '06 Honda and worked nearly everyday of the week. She was tall, maybe around 5'10, and wore a gold plated necklace with her name on it. Gillian had nothing particularly negative to say about her, she was a vibe and that's it.

Billie peered to the side of her after hearing her name being called in the distance and perked up after realizing Chris and Drea had finally come.

Her hand removed itself from Gilly's leg, fingertips drifting away from her inner thigh. She excused herself and got up to dap Chris up, quickly getting lost in conversation.

Taking Gillian by surprise, Erika took a seat next to her and crossed her legs, her pumps even taller than the ones Gillian typically wore.

"Is that your girl?" She asked, leaving little time for Gilly to reply. "Don't you have a man?"