Part IX

Groggy and sore, Gillian awoke slowly. Her sensitive eyes caught glimpses of the sun peaking from Billie's curtain and she groaned, rolling on her side, tugging white comforters closer to her naked body.

When she noticed Billie was not next to her, she panicked just a little. Maybe, she thought, she got what she wanted and left. But Gilly knew that wasn't sensible for two reasons— Billie wasn't like that and this was her apartment.

"Don't look so worried, I'm not going anywhere." Her voice soothed Gillian as she entered the doorway, leaning against it, arms crossed. Her gentle smile did wonders in reassuring her.

"I made breakfast-" She noted, leaving momentarily and returning with two white plates full of eggs, potatoes and pork sausages.

Billie sat on the edge of the bed beside Gillian and handed her one. She at up and held the comforters overs her breasts and accepted the plate with the other hand.

"What'd I tell you?" She grinned, teasingly nudging Gilly. "Huh?"

She rolled her eyes, biting back a smile of her own. "You said you'd make me breakfast in bed."

"And what'd I do?"

"You made me breakfast. In bed."

"That's right," Billie pressed a long kiss to Gilly's cheek, almost making her stumble back but definitely making her laugh.

Gillian took her first bite of her food, a portion of everything on her fork, and she visibly melted.

"How're you feeling?"

"Sore." She grumbled, still chewing.

"Sorry," Billie scratched the back of her neck, reddish tint already clouding her cheeks.

"No, no. Don't apologize. I like it. Everything felt good. Sometimes too good." Gilly chuckled, reminiscing on the night before.

"Yeah, I remember. You cussed a lot and I think you got caught up and slapped me."

"My bad, heat of the moment kinda thing."

"You're good, I liked it too." Billie shrugged.

"Wow."

"What?"

"Who knew you were such a slut," Gillian picked on her, liking the way her blush spread to the tips of her ears.

"Stop fucking with me, I hate it when I blush." She looked away, hiding her face.

"What if I told you I love it?" Gillian tilted her head in question.

"Then I'd ask for round two."

Gillian laughed and nearly pushed the girl off the bed, playfully of course. "I need a couple of business days to recover."

"I get it. You know how good I am at waiting."

Billie's patience and compassion, in Gilly's eyes, were some of the sexist things about her. Attraction begins externally and strengthens internally. Billie was a prime example of this.

Together, the two did what they did best for the next thirty minutes— taunting and laughing until their stomachs hurt and their pates were clean.

When Billie left to wash the dishes, Gillian picked up her phone for the first time this morning. Countless notifications of texts and missed calls from Malik were displayed on her lock screen.

She skimmed a few of the messages and their angry connotations before moving onto the voicemails.

"You serious? You can't answer one text? Kella said you with her but I'm not fuckin' stupid. Just tell me where you're at. What's the nigga's name, G?"