Chapter #8

After months of planing, and secretly training, mom has an announcment to make at breakfast. "Everybody I have some super exciting news!" Mom smiles to everyone. Ray and Norman both look at each other knowing  what the anoucment will be. "Norman is getting adopeted, tomorrow." She grinned at the two. There was a harsh tone in her voice when she said tomorrow and a sly tone when she said Norman. 

Norman sat in shock, and Ray glared at Mom knowing there was nothing that he could do, because after sister Krone was killed, Mom told Ray he was unneeded. Don and Gilda looked at each other in worry becasue they had found out the truth a while ago too. Emma sat upstiars eating alone, in her room, after getting her leg broken by Mom after an attempt to escape. 

"We have to get you out of here." Emma cried, laying in bed. Norman and Ray sat on either side of her. "I made the machine, we can break your tracker, and you can wait for us on the other side." Ray said harshly. "No-" Norman started. "I am not letting you die." Ray yelled. "I only have today, so lets enjoy it." Norman smiled. "Stop it!" Ray yelled, he stood up quick, making the chair he was peviouly sitting in, fall back. He put his head down. "Stop it." He said again, he wipped his eyes and looked up. "What am I doing wrong Ray? To upset you so much?' Norman asked calmy still smiling. "That, you're-" Ray hesitated. "You're acting like Y/n stop!" Ray yelled. Noraman's eyes widened for a second then he smiled again. "You think so? I don't think I'm acting like anything, now please, all I want to do is to enjoy today." Norman said lightly, he stood up and waved for the two to follow him outside.

"I guess we can't play tag since your leg is broken Emma, but I still want to hang out with everyone." Norman said. "No, go play tag, we can all talk tonight." Emma said sadly. Norman nodded. "Who wants to play tag?" Norman asked and all the kids cheered. 

After playing all day, before dinner, Norman, Ray, and Emma were back up in Emma's room. "We want you to go, tonight. Right after mom disapears at eight." Ray said, handing Norman the divice to break the tracker. Norman went to deny Ray's request, but before he could, Ray made it obvious he was tell and not asking. "You're going, weather you like it or not, we already lost Y/n. We are not losing you too. We've done so much to get this far. Please Norman." Ray said sadly. Norman was shocked, to see such a soft side of Ray. He noded and took the device, though in the back of his head. He knew that he wasn't going to escape. 

At 8:30 PM Norman left. He got to the wall and looked up. He got the rope and climbed up. When he walked to the edge his face dropped. "Theres a... cliff." He said quietly to himself. He decided to scop out the rest of the border to help the others. "Hmm so there are more orphanages, well farms, four more, and theres a gate over here." He said slwoly walking around the whole thing. His eyes widened when he saw an edge, far enough out fror them to escape. 

"What the hell are you doing here? Why didn't you leave?" Ray asked harshly when Norman had returened. "Norman..." Emma said quietly. "I couldn't." Norman simply said. "What the hell do you mean you-" Ray bagan yellng. "There is a cliff." Norman said. "Huh... what do you mean there's a cliff?" Ray asked. Norman drew out the picture explaining. 

"Hey you guys?" Norman said. "Can I show you guys something." Norman smiled. "Uh yeah sure." Emma said. "Fine." Ray rolled his eyes. Norman slowly lead them outside. "Where are we going Norman?" Emma asked. Norman stopped abruptley. "Close your eyes." Norman said. "What the he-" "Just do it Ray." Emma said with her eyes already closed. Ray grunted, and Norman took Ray and Emma by the hand, slowly leading them a couple more steps. "Open." Norman said lightly. "What is this?" Ray asked looking around, at the many fireflies lighting up the gorseous scenery along with the stars and moon. "Y/n showed me this place before she left, I bet she wanted you guys to see it too." Norman smiled. "It's so-." Emma started. "Pretty out here." Norman finished for her, becasue Emma was now crying.  

Time Skip (I am so sorry) 

It was time, for Norman to leave, and Ray couldn't bare to bring himself downstairs. "Now everybody, it's time to say good bye to Norman." Mom smiled warmly. "Bye everyone, I'll miss you all, and I promise I'll write." Norman said trying not to cry. "I'm gonna miss you!" Phil cried. "It'll be okay." Norman smiled and patted Phils head. "Ready Norman?" Mom asked. He shook his head. "Where's Ray?" He asked standing up. Mom nodded and led him up the stairs. He laughed on the inside when he saw Ray standing at the top of the stiars listening. 'That's something only Ray would do.' he thought to himself. "Bye Ray." Norman smiled and turned back around and went back to the door.

 As he said his last good bye and turned to leave Emma jumped on him. "Please take this, run." Emma tried to use the device that Ray made to deactivate the tracker, but Norman smacked her hand away. "I know you're crazy, but this is too far Emma, let me go. Please, let me go see Y/n." He smiled warmly to her. Her eyes widened as he went and grebbed her cruches. "You think you're going to see her again?" Emma asked horrifed and mad. Norman smiled. "Norman, it's time to leave." Mom said. Norman nodded and left.

Back at the house 

"You think he's gonna go find Y/n?" Rossi asked, with Y/n's hat that was too big for him on. Nat smiled and looked down to him. "I know he is," Nat laughed.  Rossi smiled brightly. "And then when I get adopted I'm gonna look for her too, so I can give her her hat back." Rossi soluted. Nat smiled. "I will too, becase I have to show her I leanered pinao." Nat and Rossi laughed. 

Emma stood horified at Norman's words. 'Please, let me go see Y/n.' She didn't know why she was so mad she clenched her fist and slowly stummbled to Ray, now feeling numb.

At the gate 

"Norman come wait in this room please." Mom smiled warmly. Norman nodded and walked in to see a man with almost white hair. His eyes grew. "If you go with him, you can live, and do all the reasearch you want Norman." Mom said. The man reached his hand out. "As long as you help me with my reasearch." He grinned. Mom bent down and whispered in his ear. "I promised I'd keep Ray's friends safe." She smirked.

A/N: I'm sorry if this was bad, I'm anxious to begin writing the next chapter!!! And also I deffinatley got the timeline wrong, I have no idea when and how Emma broke her leg, so I am SOO sorry about that. I hope your're enjoying and will continue on into the next chapters! (This is so random but, thank you to :  @scaraswifeyy for being so suportive, my books never get any attention, so that just makes me really happy, and I just had to say thank you. (I am so sorry😭🙏))