Chapter #30

I stare at my plate, my head is spinning and my ears are ringing intensely. I hear muffled voices, of everyone praying, saying their thanks for the food. I keep glancing up, every time his eyes cut through me, making my pain worse. Norman, I love you, so why am I scared of you, why?

END OF POV

It's dinner, the long tables are aligned like the orphanage. People sit in nearly the same orders, though some things have changed. Rossi sits by Y/n from time to time, but on a typical basis, Y/n sits at the end of the table, Emma next to her and Barbara next to Emma. Ray across from Emma, and Norman across from Y/n,  Cislo across from Barbara, and Vincent next to Cislo , but today Cislo is missing due to football and Vincent is working on a project elsewhere.

"Did you pass?" Barbara asks Emma grinning. Emma stares at her lap sadly. "It's okay Emma! You'll for sure get it next time." Norman smiles warmly to her, as if nothing happened this morning, or at the carnival. "Tch yeah, maybe in her wildest dream." Ray rolls his eyes. "I-" Emma starts. "I passes!" She yelled. For a moment the whole dining room looked towards her. She sits back down embarrassed. "Good job Emma!" Norman says quickly. "Who passed her? Did they have a license?" Ray asks quickly. "Hell yeah Emma, knew you'd do it!" Barbara gives Emma an aggressive nuggie. "Y/n did you hear her?" Norman asks Y/n is a hushed voice. Y/n looks up quickly. "Great job Emma, I'm super happy for you-" "We can go anywhere now Y/n! Me, you, and Barbara. We can all go to the movies, a fair, restaurants, anything!" Emma says happily throwing her arms around her to girl best friends. "We could do that before." Y/n muttered, trying to escape Emma's death grasp. "Yeah but now Emma can drive us." Barbara grinned accepting it. Y/n chuckled, looking back at her plate, blocking out everyone again. Midnight, it was close, hours away, but close. 

TIME SKIP

Y/n sat in the living room. It wasn't near midnight yet, but Y/n knew if she went to her room, she'd over think. Y/n fiddled with her hands nervously. She looked up and saw her untouched guitar. She hadn't played it since that night. She bit her bottom lip, till she tasted blood running into her mouth. She stood up and walked to the guitar, thinking about how Nat had been asking to play piano with her the past week, and she made a lame excuse every time.  "What is happening to me?" She asked herself quietly. She picked up the guitar and sighed. It was still only ten. She walked to the door and looked behind her shoulder one more time, just to make sure no one was following or watching her.

She knew of the small creek by her house. She had wanted to go there a while now, but she hadn't had the motivation to. She stepped outside, and let the cold air kiss her face. She kept walking, deciding to keep on the short sleeve instead of risking waking up Emma and Barbara. Y/n shivered at the thought of waking Barbara during her beauty sleep. 

Y/n thought back, for the first time, to the night she went to the hill with Cislo, she doesn't remember much of what he said, or what she said, all she can remember is the kiss. She sighed, wishing she knew more. She saw the creek up ahead. The water collided with tall rocks, but not as hard as they did in the morning. She closed her eyes, still about twenty feet from the creek, she took a calming breath of fresh air. She thought back to the restless nights in the orphanage, when she couldn't sleep, so she'd go to the forest and rest against the large rock. Then she thought about how Norman was able to successfully follow her out, almost every time. She chuckled at the wholesome memories.

She walked to a large rock that sat along the creek side. She knelt down, closing her eyes and guiding her hands along the six strings of different widths fast. Nature was silenced at her strum, that rang through the trees, that woke the owls and bats warning them to alert. She smiled, feeling herself again. She opened her eyes, and nothing changed around her. She looked down to the indented ENR in her guitar, that Emma had so insisted on in carving in. Y/n smiled, closing her eyes once again and pushing her fingers deeply in the strings, knowing exactly what she would begin to play. She started with a slow Dm, continuing slowly into Dr. Normal and Daisy.

He listened just on the other side of the rock, listening to each strum she played. He stood up, and walked to her side of the rock sitting down next to her quietly. He held her lucky pick, she gifted him the night she left. It shone in the moonlight, just as bright as her natural eyes glisten. 

He moved his head closer to her and whispered. "Daisy." He smiled through his words. Y/n's eyes shot open and she whipped her head to him. He smiled, his kid smile. The one he'd flash to mom, even when he knew. The one he'd flash after Y/n was gone, and he was sure he was dead. Y/n stared at him in the eyes, then smiled too. "Hey Dr. Normal. She said, her voice quivered, she was deadly nervous, and shaking. But she wouldn't die, she wouldn't let her fear take over, not now. Norman rested his hand on top of hers, the one holding the pick. He looked up to the sky. "Tonight the sky looks almost exactly as it did the night before you left." Norman said, looking at the fireflies, the moon and stars that lit everything up perfectly, and a shooting star. Norman closed his eyes and wished. "What'd you wish for?" Y/n asked, setting the guitar against the rock. "You can't tell." Norman whispered. "or it won't come true." Y/n repeated the words of that night.

Norman turned his head to her as she laughed. "You're weird, you may be anything but Normal Norman." She laughed. "H-hey!' Norman yelled. "But at least you're you huh." She smiled, looking into his eyes, that haven't changed, the eyes she loved. "What'd you want to talk about?" Y/n asked more quietly, look back at the creek.