Chapter #34

"Did I really say that?" I laugh lightly holding Norman's gentle and warm hand. After the restaurant we decided to walk in the park, it was a bit chilly out, but still walk-able weather. Norman said after I left, about two years later him, Emma, and Ray found out about the truth, even though Ray had always known, since he was a trader. After hearing all this I collapsed, almost having a side effect. Then he told me on my notes, specifically the one I wrote for Ray I wrote, 'I know.'

END OF POV

"Ray wondered if you already knew, about the house and that he knew." Norman said. Y/n blinked swinging their hands. "I wouldn't know, I barely remember anything from before Lambda." She laughed sadly. "Oh," Norman said. "We all were mad at you, we thought you knew and basically just left us there to die." "Well even if I did you all obviously made it so... guess I trusted you." Y/n said. "You know... I couldn't sleep, after you left." Norman said slowly. "I was hallucinating you everywhere I went. I'd hear you playing by the tree, sometimes even seeing you. I'd see you leaving the room at night. I'd see you reading in the library, in the mornings I'd hear you tell me good morning, but I'd turn and you wouldn't be there." Norman grabbed her hand tightly. "At Lambda, I saw you every night. It only started after the device was in my head." Y/n said.

The night moon shone down on them. "So that's, that's what you meant, that night." Norman said. Y/n looked up to him. "What night?" she asked. "I found your room one night and you-"

'Norman followed the sound of guitar strings, almost like he was in a trace. He walked till the sound got louder, he stood in front of the door that belonged to the hypnotizing sounds. He slowly opened it, then he found her. "Y/n..." Norman said quietly. Y/n set her guitar down and stood up and walked towards Norman. He smiled and opened his arms for a hug, but she clenched her fist, then punched him, making him fall to the ground. "Get out of my head!" She screamed grabbing her head. "Get out out-" She screamed but then her face dropped and her eyes widened, she looked down to Norman and tears began to fill her eyes.'

Norman's mind floated back to the night. "N-never mind." He said. Y/n nodded. "Why do you think that machine, made you lose so much of your memory?" Norman asked. Y/n sighed. "Every time I 'pass out' or if we're being competently honest, die, it's like a factory reset. I lose more and more memories every time." Y/n voice began to quiver. "I'm so scared I'll forget you guy, It'll only be so long, I'm already forgetting pieces of Lambda." Y/n said speaking the full truth. "I know I'll out live you guys, I'll outlive everyone. I'll never grow. At some point I won't remember anything, I'll just think people are like this, I'll forget why, why it's happening-" Y/n's breathing got choppy as she slowed her walking. Small tears filled her eyes. Norman panicked, helping her sit on the paved side walk hidden in a forest. "Y/n no.." "Yes Norman. It's the truth, there's nothing we can do, even if we wanted, which we all do. It's impossible for a doctor to take it out, no technology exists to make it stop and even so, it'll still be in my head." Y/n cried. Norman's heart raced, he hugged her not saying anything as shed died in her arms one more time. 

She was right. She'll outlive everyone, she'll soon forget everyone and everything that's happened to her, and she is scared. She always has been. How could he forget how enclosed she was about her feelings. Norman felt dumb as her cries quieted. "Daisy I'm sorry." he said even though he knew she wouldn't remember.