Chapter 1 - Player Five

INT. BACK ROOM OF A WAREHOUSE - EARLY EVENING

Selina Wu walks into the room. Li, her henchman, greets her at the door.

SELINA

Have all the players arrived?

LI

Not all of them. Cody is missing.

Selina furrows her brow.

SELINA

Find him.

Li nods and walks over to a second henchman who is sitting on a stool by the door. He whispers in his ear. The second henchman nods and walks out the door. Selina scans the room, looking at the players for her pending poker game. There are four older men in expensive tailored suits standing around with drinks in their hands engaging in small talk. The fifth player is off to the side by himself,  wearing casual street clothes. He looks like a kid.

SELINA

Please, everyone take your seats. The game will begin.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The poker game is in full swing. The players examine their hands. A large pile of poker chips lies in the middle of the table.

PLAYER 1

I fold.

PLAYER 2

I'm out.

PLAYER 3

I'm done.

The fourth player looks at his cards. He glances at player 5 with a grin.

PLAYER 4

I see your five grand, raise you another five.

The fifth player's finger taps the cards nervously in his hands.

PLAYER 5

I call.

A grin spreads across Player 4's face.

PLAYER 4

Full house.

Player 5 takes a deep breath before he layout out his hand on the table.

PLAYER 5

Four of a kind.

The smile disappears from Player 4's face. He leans back in his chair with disappointment. Selina who is watching from a doorway, is visibly displeased at the turn of events. Player 5 reaches for his winnings in the middle of the table.

PLAYER 5

Better luck next time, boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------

INT. WAREHOUSE OFFICE - EARLY EVENING

Player 5 is standing in front of a desk watching as Selina's henchman counts his cash winnings in stacks of one hundred dollar bills. He slides the pile towards Player 5.

HENCHMAN

Twenty-five thousand.

PLAYER 5

It's supposed to be thirty.

HENCHMAN

Five grand buy in fee.

PLAYER 5

The guy at the door said it was two grand buy in.

They stare at each other for a moment in silence. Player 5 shakes his head and starts packing the stacks of money into his school bag. Li walks in.