Chapter 22 - Iced Out

INT. PORT CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL - HALLWAY - DAY

Jake is putting his books away in his locker. Wyatt is standing beside him eating a granola bar and staring at the group of seniors a few lockers down. The seniors are laughing and horsing around until a group of girls comes over to join them.

JAKE

Can I borrow your chem notes? I can't believe they gave us this much homework on the first day.

Wyatt doesn't respond. Jake looks at him and snaps his fingers in front of his face.

WYATT

What do you think they talk about?

JAKE

Who?

WYATT

Them.

Jake turns around. He realizes Wyatt is talking about the group of seniors clustered by a set of lockers. He shrugs.

JAKE

Who cares?

WYATT

I bet they talk about sports. Or girls. Or parties.

JAKE

Chem notes?

WYATT

What? Yeah, sure.

Wyatt hands Jake his school bag. Jake reaches in just as Wyatt clutches Jake's arm.

WYATT

Dude!

JAKE

What?

WYATT

Isn't that your brother?

Jake turns around. The group of seniors finally part and Jake sees Danny at the center of it, laughing at a phone a girl is showing him.

—————————------------------------------------------------------

INT. PORT CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL - HALLWAY - DAY

Jake tries to hide his jealousy.

JAKE

So?

WYATT

So?! You never told me your brother hangs out with seniors.

JAKE

I didn't know it was breaking news.

WYATT

Dude, that's our in.

JAKE

In for what?

WYATT

Seriously?! We're sophomores and we haven't been to a single high school party.

JAKE

What are you talking about? We go to dances.

WYATT

It's not the same. Senior parties are crazy. Last year, I heard a they drove a car into someone's pool. And there was a goat.

JAKE

A goat? Like the animal?

WYATT

Yeah! A freaking goat!