Chapter 17 - She's Not a Regular Grandma, She's a Cool Grandma

INT. THE EVADER - ALEXIS' OFFICE - DAY

Alexis is on the phone as her office door slowly opens. Danny sticks his head in. She waves for him to enter as she wraps up the call.

ALEXIS

Make sure he sends me copy before it goes to print. I don't want a mishap like the last one. Legal is still dealing with that mess. I appreciate it. 

She hangs up the phone.

DANNY

Sorry to interrupt.

Alexis can barely contain her excitement as she walks around her desk to get to him.

ALEXIS

There is no interrupting when my baby comes to visit me.

Alexis reaches up to hold Danny's face. She pushes his cheeks together with her hands then pulls him into a hug.

ALEXIS

My big baby boy. How are you?

DANNY

Good.

Alexis' expression quickly changes. She appear serious.

ALEXIS

What happened? Why are you here? What's wrong?

Danny looks at her confused.

————-------------------------------------------------

INT. THE EVADER - ALEXIS' OFFICE - DAY

DANNY

Nothing's wrong.

ALEXIS

Is it your mom? Your sister? Just tell me, what?

DANNY

Grandma, I literally just wanted to see if I can buy you lunch.

Alexis eyes him suspiciously.

ALEXIS

Why?

DANNY

To...eat.

ALEXIS

Beeeecause?

Danny grins.

DANNY

Do I need a reason?

ALEXIS

So instead of spending your last day of freedom with your friends, you want to spend it with your grandmother. I'm supposed to believe that?

DANNY

Why not? I like hanging out with you. You're cool.

ALEXIS

I am?!

DANNY

Yeah. Can we go?

ALEXIS

Sure.

Alexis tries to hide her smile as she grabs her purse from her desk. They walk out of her office. Her coworker walks by and she stops him.

ALEXIS

I'll be back in an hour. I'm going to lunch with my grandson because he thinks I'm cool. Just though you should know.