Chapter 20 - Orientation

INT. PORT CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL - LOBBY - EVENING

Sam, Dante, Rocco and Danny walk into PCHS orientation. Parents and students are scattered around looking at student projects and waiting in line at various stations. 

Sam is opens a file folder.

SAM

Boys, the sign up for sports is over there.

DANNY

Why don't they do it online?

DANTE

Probably because they want people to come to these things.

SAM

And they'll give you your locker numbers in that line over there.

Danny and Rocco run off together before Sam can barely finish her sentence. She looks down at the school brochure as Dante taps Sam on the shoulder.

DANTE

We have a problem.

Sam turns her head towards his direction. Danny and Rocco are talking to girls while waiting in line.

SAM

How is that a problem?

DANTE

Because you were never a 15 year old boy. I was. I know what goes through our minds and it's not pretty.

Sam laughs and hands Dante a paper.

SAM

Here. Focus. This is Rocco's course schedule. Go, meet teachers.

Dante and Sam kiss and split up.

————————————-------------------------------------------------

INT. PORT CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL - LOBBY - EVENING

Elizabeth walks in with Aiden and Jake. Jake tries to take his schedule out of Elizabeth's hand.

JAKE

Mom, I got it.

She blocks his hand.

ELIZABETH

I still want to meet your teachers. Especially for math. Do you think you'll need a tutor this year?

JAKE

I'll be fine.

AIDEN

Are lockers assigned?

JAKE

Come on, I'll show you.

Jake and Aiden walk off together. Elizabeth looks around and spots Sam. Sam is listening to the advanced calculus teacher talk about the course load for the students.

ELIZABETH

Is it just me or does this all sound insane?

SAM

I'm wondering when these kids are gonna have any time to I dunno, sleep? Eat maybe...

Elizabeth smiles.

ELIZABETH

Danny's first year. You ready?

SAM