Chapter 21 - First Day of School

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Dante rushes down the steps. Sam is straightening papers and placing them in a file folder before she puts it in her bag. Dante is by the couch, turning over cushions.

DANTE

Babe, have you seen my car keys?

SAM

On the mantle above the fireplace.

Dante rushes over. Sure enough, they are sitting by a picture of Sam, Dante and the kids posing for a selfie from the staircase.

DANTE

Nice! What time do you have to get to court?

SAM

10am sharp. I hate testifying in custody trials. It always gets ugly. Can you zip me?

DANTE

Yeah.

Sam positions herself in front of Dante. Dante zips her dress down. Sam grins.

SAM

ZIP UP!

Dante grins as he zips it up and kisses her shoulder.

SAM

Coffee?

DANTE

Get mine to go please.

Sam rushes to the kitchen as Scout comes down the stairs, clutching a hair brush and a hair elastic. Her hair is a mess. Dante turns around, startled.

DANTE

What happened to you?!

——————————————————————————

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

SCOUT

Danny happened to me. He kicked me out of the bathroom!

DANTE

Why didn't you use mine and your mom's?

SCOUT

Rocco is in there. Can you help me with my hair? There's a giant knot.

DANTE

I got you.

Scout turns around as Dante takes her brush and cautiously starts brushing.

SCOUT

 Ow!

DANTE

Sorry. There's a birds nest back here. What did you do?

Scout shrugs. Sam walks in with two thermos filled with coffee. She places them on the dinning table.

SAM

Where are the boys?

DANTE

Where else?

Sam looks upstairs, annoyed.

SAM

I swear to god... you both better be out in the next 10 minutes or you're walking!

Sam takes out her coat from the closet. She turns to Dante.

SAM

Late lunch today?

DANTE

Love to but probably not. I'm swamped at work.