Chapter 7 - The Business Plan

INT. METROCOURT RESTAURANT - DAY

Sam is sitting a table in MetroCourt, dressed in a casual business suit staring nervously at the man across from her.

SAM

So, what do you think?

Mark, a handsome man in a well tailored suit is sitting across from her reading a tablet. He nods in approval.

MARK

This is really good. The numbers are solid?

SAM

Yes! I triple checked.

MARK

Banks love to see long term projections. I think we have ourselves a business plan.

Sam smiles and releases a sigh of relief.

MARK

You covered all your bases. If I had to offer any advice it would be to move this section here, before this one. You'll get a better flow that way.

Sam leans over to look at the tablet but doesn't notice Mark admiring her.

SAM

Amazing. Thank you so much for this.

Mark gives her a charming smile.

MARK

Glad I could help.

Dante walks off the elevator adjusting his collar. He scans the room and is surprised to see Sam at a table with a mystery man.

—————————————————--------------

INT. METROCOURT RESTAURANT - DAY

Dante posts up by the elevator without Sam noticing. He watches as Mark is packing up his briefcase preparing to leave.

MARK

And now the real work begins.

SAM

Meeting with the banks. Any advice?

MARK

Well you have 2 options. You can go the presentation route, gather the bank reps all in one room for a pitch. Or you can go for the one on one approach. I think the latter is your safe bet.

SAM

Really? Why do you say that?

Mark looks at Sam and smiles.

MARK

It gives you opportunity to tailor your sales pitch. I find you very personable. You're easy to talk to but direct. You have great eye contact, you're down to earth...charming.

Sam starts to catch on that Mark's interest is beyond her business plan.

MARK

We could schedule another meeting if you like. I'll give you some pointers on how to conduct a successful business meeting. Over dinner maybe?

Sam smiles nervously.

SAM

Call me crazy but I'm getting the vibe that you're really asking me out on a date.

Dante is still watching curiously by the elevator.

—————————————————---------------