Chapter 8 - Dante's Support

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EARLY EVENING

Sam walks down the stairs bare feet carrying a pair of stilettos in her hand. She's wearing a tight business dress that shows off a classy amount of cleavage. Dante is on the couch locked into a baseball game, sipping beer and eating pretzels completely oblivious to Sam.

SAM

Babe?

Dante doesn't look up from the television. Sam slips on her shoes.

DANTE

Yeah?

SAM

Your mom sent over a frozen ziti with the kids yesterday. It's the oven right now so listen out for the timer.

DANTE

Ok.

SAM

Scout has to finish her work book. Her placement test is the end of the week. And please, for the love of god, don't let her talk you into watching her tablet for "research" again. It's math.

DANTE

Yeah.

SAM

And the boys are on dishes tonight. Don't let them use the dishwasher because it's been acting funny. Repair guy is coming tomorrow.

Dante is still distracted by the baseball game.

DANTE

Load dishwasher. Got it.

Annoyed, Sam stares at Dante. He turns quickly to glance at Sam. His stare becomes fixed when he realizes what she's wearing.

—————————————————---------------------------

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EARLY EVENING

Dante tosses the bag of pretzels on the table, wipes his hands together and stumbles off the couch towards Sam.

DANTE

You look nice.

SAM

I know.

DANTE

Where are you going?

SAM

So this means you weren't listening to a word I said?

DANTE

Meeting with the bank...right? It's all coming back to me.

Dante grabs her hips and pulls her closer to him while peering down her dress.

DANTE

I just didn't know you would be wearing this. Or those shoes. I like those shoes.

Sam smiles.

SAM

I know you do.

Dante pulls her into a kiss.

———————————————————-----------------------

INT. PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EARLY EVENING

Sam and Dante fall onto the couch kissing. Dante reaches to pull down the zipper in the back of her dress but Sam grabs his hand.

SAM

You're going to wrinkle it.

DANTE

Take it off then.

Sam laughs as Dante playfully kisses her neck.

SAM

That would be counterproductive.

Sam slides off of Dante. She zips her dress back up as she walks over to the desk by the door. Dante follows her and puts his arms around her waist. He pushes her hair off her shoulders and kisses her collar bone.

SAM

What about the game?

DANTE

What about it?

Dante continues to kiss her neck as a pensive look washes across Sam's face.

SAM

I'm nervous.

DANTE

About the meeting?

SAM

Yeah. What if I can't answer all their questions? What if-

DANTE

Stop doubting yourself. You want this, you prepared for it, you're ready.

SAM

Right.

DANTE

Don't think of this as business meeting. Think of it as...a con. 

SAM

Excuse me?

DANTE

Yeah, you were a con woman, right? Which means you know how to read people to get what you want.

SAM

Is there a compliment in there somewhere?

Dante smiles.

DANTE

My point is you have good instincts. Listen to them. What are your instincts telling you now?

SAM

They're telling me.... I have a 45 minutes before I need to be at the MetroCourt.

Sam grins and gestures upstairs. She saunters towards the steps and Dante watches her with a smile.

—————————————--------------------------------------------------------

INT. PENTHOUSE - SAM & DANTE'S BEDROOM - EARLY EVENING

Sam walks out of the bathroom adjusting her earrings. She sit on the edge of the bed to slip on her shoe. Dante peeks from underneath the covers and sticks his head out next to her.

DANTE

You good?

Sam smiles.

SAM

Yeah I think I needed that.

DANTE

See, I told you I could be supportive.

Sam smiles and leans down to kiss him.

SAM

You were...incredibly supportive.

DANTE

Maybe I could support you later tonight.

Sam laughs and kisses him again.

SAM

I appreciate any support you give me.

DANTE

Tell me how it goes.

SAM

I promise.

Sam gets off the bed and starts to walk towards the door.

DANTE

Go get em.

Sam turns to blows a kiss and leaves.