10. Mission Innitible: Agent 0 meets the Silver Falcon

Reading time: 12 minutes

Warning: swears, my headcanons, my (bad) grammar
TW: a bit of blood/violence

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tommy sniffled.

Welp, who would have guess he'd get a cold from running in rain?

"I did. I certainly did"

"You don't count" The blond muttered in his head, a scowl on his face as he sat under the blanket with a cup of freshly made tea. Koko was fighting someone over the phone in the kitchen. Naturally, Tommy took this opportunity to listen in, though his headache made it hard to focus, even if the woman's voice was so clear.

"No, I am not coming today!... I don't care!... Sure, have a splendid day" It was actually quite impressive, Tommy never expected Koko to have it in her to be such a girlboss.

"You didn't have to do that..." The girl started, neither sad or angry.

"No, I had to. It's always like this! I never ask for days off, and the only time I do it's when one of my children is sick or badly injured. Yet he still refuses! I swear I'm going to—"

"Mom, calm down"

"Yeah, I could've take care of him! Besides, he's not a child" The eye roll was evident in Rumi's voice. Tommy roller his own eyes. But the statement was true, the only thing he needed was some drugs, he could handle that on his own.

This night was one of the most shitty nights Tommy had to live through, aka. any night when he was sick. He was so fucking cold, and he wanted to sleep but it was just too cold.

This night Tommy had a fever.

It wasn't that bad, honestly!

But when Koko came back her Mommy Senses immediately told her something was off. Poor woman didn't get any sleep because of him and now, when it was almost time to go to her day job, she wasn't even getting ready.

There was a moment of silence, soon he noticed Koko approaching him. She smiled at him as she crouched down, it was a semi forced smile as Tommy could clearly see how tense she was. "How are you feeling, honey?"

Tommy sniffled, "Good enough"

"I'm glad. Call me if you need anything, okay?" He gave a quick nod, which was followed by a salute to show that he truly wasn't in need of babying.

"See? I told you, you have nothing to worry about. You should've just—"

"No, Riri" The woman turned to her adopted daughter with a stern... basically everything.

"But now you're—"

"I'm fine" Koko insisted. Rumi could do nothing but sigh in defeat before going to her room, rather angrily may I add.