29. What did I miss?

Reading time: 19 minutes

Warning: swears, cursed humor, my headcanons, my (bad) grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You're sure you don't want to stay?" Morro asked with hope. Ever since this morning the trio was staring at him suspiciously, especially Tommy. It was stressing the shit out of him.

Cole laughed, also noticing the weird looks. "Sorry, but I really have to go home. Good luck!" He wished as he headed out, the other groaned in despair.

Morro knew they knew. He didn't know how they know, but that didn't change the fact they somehow do. It wasn't important, the deed had been done and now he's screwed. Knowing the How wouldn't save him from the upcoming conversation.

Rumi's not gonna like this...

Not that she liked the situation thus far, but still.

Turning around with a sigh he was immediately met with the blond, standing right in front of him, narrowing his eyes with folded arms. "...Okay, that is fucking creepy"

"We need to have a word" He said simply, not stopping with the stare. Morro cringed, then silently ushered him to his room, the other two quickly joined them. There was a moment before Tommy picked up again, "Why did you sneak out at 4 in the morning?"

"Actually, it was closer to 5 in the morning at that point"

The blond huffed. "Same thing!"

Morro sighed. "Okay... Let's start with: Do your friends know?"

"About your powers? Well now they do!" They knew from the moment they all got reunited, but he didn't need to know that. Also, it was Tommy who was supposed to be asking questions!

"And they know about our job" It was more-so a statement than a question.

Tommy made a face at that, "Weeeell...not really. I don't even know what you two really do! But I shared the gist of it, yeah"

Another sigh. Morro leaned back and took a moment to compose himself; the trio exchanged looks. "One of the things we do, is take care of a certain magical artefact hidden/stored in Mystake's tea shop" He paused, watching how their expressions changed. The change on Tommy's face was most evident, from stern and suspicion to surprise and excitement. He continued, "This morning, we got a silent alarm"

Ranboo gasped. "Someone was trying to steal it?"

He nodded. "And it wasn't the first time. Remember when we had that family dinner?" He turned to the blond and he nodded slowly.

"...Show him the picture" Tommy said after a moment, lightly elbowing Tubbo before anyone could butt in. The other teen gave him a look, all the while Morro stared at them puzzled and Ranboo seem to have a small epiphany, catching onto Tommy's thought process. "He's the Wind Elemental!" Tubbo eyed his other bestie, seeing them nod, he sighed and reached for his phone, seconds later he turned it so that the Wind Master can see. "You know these?"

"Kinda..." Morro tilted his head, eyes squinting at the weird symbols.

"Well, we figured those are elemental symbols" Hearing Tommy say this the teen gave him an unimpressed look. "So you do know"

"Wu's kind of obsessed with stuff like that, so it's really hard not to know" He confessed with a shrug.

"Really? Does he have a book?" Ranboo asked just what Tommy was thinking. Sneaky bitch...