24. Notes of silence

Reading time: 23 minutes

Warning: swears, cursed humor, my headcanons, my (bad) grammar
TW: mentioning of stalking

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just as Cole woke up, even before opening his eyes or moving in any way, he realized something was wrong. Every single day he was woken by the smell of something tasty his father made them for breakfast, they would eat and talk before the teen would get ready for school.

It was their shared morning routine. So much so it continued even on weekends.

With no fail.

Except this one time.

Even without the delicious smell that made him drool and his stomach growl he woke up at around the same time as usual, his body clock prepared for what should happen.

With no smell, no calling for him, he had to decide on his own when to get up. He sluggishly sat up, for the first time in what seem like forever not having to wipe his mouth, he was a little confused. He moved slowly as he got from the bed and walked into the hallway. "Dad?" He called out, peeking into his father's room, there was no one there. Cole moved to the kitchen, nobody.

Furrowing his brows the black ninja searched his whole house.

So he wasn't back yet...

Weird.

Maybe Cole should've been suspicious when he couldn't find the man after coming home after meeting with Tommy last night, but it wasn't that unusual for him to go meet with his 'band'. Though, he never left without any message, whether it be a text or a sticky note, or literally anything!

He was starting to get worried now.

As he went through his morning routine (without eating anything first) he tried calling him; there was a familiar ringtone coming from the master bedroom.

Cole's heart stopped.

Hold the fuck up...

As if his own life— No, as if his father's life depended on it, he bolted across the hall to find that damn phone, hoping he was just hearing things.

He was not.

"Fuck... Fuck!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tubbo smiled proudly while Allium Duo gasped as they stared at all the gadgets Cyrus managed to prepare for them in such a short time. Said man laughed fondly at their shining eyes. "If you think these are cool just you wait until I make more"

"There's more!?" Tommy squeaked in sheer excitement, blue eyes shining so bright they could compete with the sunny sky.

"There's going to be more" Tubbo corrected, and proudly so, he was the one who made most of the suggestions after all. "These gadgets are now under my trademark"