17. Hide your mothers! Here comes TommyInnit...

Reading time: 12 minutes

Warning: swears, my headcanons, my (bad) grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hi, Tommy" The teen's head snapped towards the other blond, who just walked into the kitchen for breakfast. Tommy squinted his eyes at him in suspicion, making the green eyed blond shift uneasily. "What?"

"Nothing..." Instead of commenting on Lloyd's unusual behavior Tommy settled on stuffing his mouth with Koko's food, but this didn't prevent him from eyeing the blond, which in turn made him look to the ground, clearly not enjoying it and becoming shy all over again.

Tommy lived with the Garmadons for almost three weeks, this was the first time Lloyd initiate any type of interaction with him.

"Aww, I'm glad you boys are getting along" The woman said, ruffling her son's hair and making him smile as she sat down to eat with them, only Rumi was missing from the table.

"How's the job hunt going?" Lloyd asked just what Tommy was thinking. Well, not entirely, he'd much rather Koko not try to find another shitty day job but he already voiced his concerns and the woman (bless her soul) promised to pick something that would allow her to quit her night job.

Koko sighed, "Well, it's certainly going. I have a few thing arranged already, but it's not much. And as much as I hate to say this, I'm at the reserve bench..."

"If they interview you and decide you can't have the job because your ex is a villain, I'm going to sue, and I'll make a vlog out of it. I'll bring those bitches down" Tommy promised, growing angry at the idea of someone rejecting the sweet woman for such an idiotic reason.

Koko laughed a little, reaching over to ruffle his hair as well. "Thank you, Tommy. But, seriously, don't sue anyone" The blond huffed, the small smile caused by the affectionate gesture disappearing as he stuffed his mouth with more food.

"I think you have enough on your head already" Lloyd chimed in, looking at the other blond with— wait, is that concern???

"Hm?" Tommy furrowed his brows in confusion. "Oh it's nothing, trust me. I've dealt with worse" Like millions of people expecting him to do a certain thing and do it greatly. Though his fans weren't only that, most of them understood when he needed a break. But the thought of so many people watching him was enough on its own to rise his own expectations of his performance.

"This still seems like a lot. Maybe you should slow down a little?" The green eyed blond suggested. Tommy blinked, doing a double take, what was up with him today? "Don't you get overwhelmed?"

"Uhhh... As soon as I'm done helping Sonu I won't have so much on my plate. And that's in three days. I think I can hang on a little longer"

"Don't overwork yourself, Tommy" Koko said sternly, the teen snort.

"Whatever you say Ms. Two-Jobs"

"You know, it's not funny when I only have one job. Not to mention, you have two jobs now" The woman said, squinting her eyes with a big smile. Man, it was great they had similar sense of humor.

"Koko, not to be mean, but between you and me, I think I can handle a LOT more than you. Again, I don't mean it as an insult, I would say the same thing to Phil if he had two jobs and run on four hours of sleep"

Now it was time for the woman to snort, "Oh, Tommy, sweetie, you have no idea just how much I can take"

Tommy blinked, suppressing his intrusive thoughts and struggling not to make a dirty joke, he instead composed himself and continued as if nothing bad had crossed his thoughts, "I'd say a whole villain. Anyway, does anyone knows where Rumes is? I mean, if she was home I'd surely be attacked by a spider by now"