You Must Forget Even If You Must Go Through Pain

" Thank the Lord that is over!" I sighed deeply. So many questions, so many lies, so many things I must remember to keep them all backed up. I look over to steven and see that he is exhausted and annoyed. I lightly slap his back

" Looks like its time for bed man. It was a late night." Steven rubbed his eyes with his hands put into little loose fists. We start to walk in when I look back at Sophie. Her beautiful long hair seemed to glow under the moon. I cant believe we spent that many hours there.

                   " Come with me Sophie. Its time." I knew this was it. Her beautiful eyes sparkled. Something I had never seen in them before. A spark, a light, a sign of hope.

                   " Is it going to hurt. Be...... P.painful?"  I couldn't promise that at times it wouldn't be painful, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

     I opened up the car door to my big black dodge. I helped her up into the car since her short stature had such a hard time to get up in the truck. I mean my truck was rather tall so I guess I could see why. I remember when I was looking for a car I saw it and new that that's what I wanted. I bought it and have made it my best friend ever since. I love trucks!

                  " Sophie I just want you to know......." I paused as we started driving away. In the rear view mirror Steven was standing at the door watching us drive away. His face was as evilly happy as you could imagine. He knew his plan was going to be complete. But not in the way he thought. That was what I relished in the most.

" I want you to know that I love you. I will always love you! Even though you will never remember me  I just want you to know how sorry I am for everything I put you through and........."

             " Don't! I don't want to hear it. Yes you did so much that hurt me but in the end we both love each other and we can't apologize for that.  Ever!!"

I was surprised yet not surprised. That was a lot like Sophie, but she was still being so merciful with me.

           As we pulled into the airport  parking lot I slid my cell phone out of my back pocket. I needed to call in a little favor.

                " Where are we going?" Sophie looked over to me. Her shadow shinning in the dark. I am sure she was confused why we were coming to the airport. 

              " Were going to a place I use to call home. That you did to." I looked over to sophie again as the phone rang in my ear.  I could see the fear clearly etched on her face. I knew some of the things that went on there. Shock therapy isn't exactly anyone's favorite kind of therapy.  

              " Hello?" Says the voice over the phone.

             " Hey George its Jasper. I was wondering if I could call in one of my favors. I need a fast flight to Washington."

           " Ya man. I was just fueling up to leave in a couple hours to Montana so ya I can drop you guys off there.  Can you guys say wait maybe an hour?" 

 Rubbing the back of my neck unsure whether and hour would be to long for us to wait. 

              " Can we make it half an hour? I really want to get going man. I have a guest I have to drop off."

It went silent for a while. Finally George replied though.  

              " Ya man I can make it happen. Be here in fifteen and we are good to go."

With that I slapped my cellphone shut  and threw it to the back seat.  I drove off the main street road and down a little dirt road that led to a little old shed.