Untitled Part 23

I fell to my knees after my sudden attack that ended my step brothers life. The dark red thick liquid slowly drained from his lifeless body.  The banging had stopped on the door. I figured the Doctor had left to get the key. I hadnt realized Ryan must have locked the door. I am suprised doctor didnt take the key but I guess not. I knew though that once they got in a new hell would open up. I would be shot up with drugs locked down and treated like an animal. So I quickly start looking around the room. I sift my shaky hands through a couple of drawers. I decided that if I had something that would give me enough leverage. Just enough leverage that would give me time to tell them the truth. 

   It feels like everything is exploding all at once all of a sudden. Its all going so fast. I pick up a piece of glass from the vase I shattered over his head. I hold it tight into my hands. This will be enough to slit my throat.  I am holding it so tight blood starts to dribble out of my palms and onto the floor. I back up against the wall and wait for them to rip through the door. I comb my free hand through my messy hair. I  look back down at him.  Then I start my pacing while I wait. 

 I got here about 2:15 now its 5 in the mroning. I have been waiting for quite a while now. i am suprised they arent back yet. I am still gripping the piece of glass and blood is still dripping.  I keep glancing down at Ryan and he looks as if he is going a little paler. I start to think that maybe I should try and get out of here.   I walk toward the door but then it opens very slowly. I stop and back up again.

" Hey Sophie. Its ok.  Can I come in and talk." I am suprised to hear that its my brother Stevens voice. I didnt know wether it would be ok to have him come in. I mean after all he is the one who had me stay with Jasper knowing th danger I was in. Then again he was my brother and even though I knew he was planning to kill himself because he found nothing legt living for I just wanted to see him. 

 " Steven." I whimpered.  Steven then opened the door and slipped in. He left the door cracked just a little.

" Sophie what have you done. Y- you killed Ryan." He looked down at him and then me.

 " I had to. He wouldnt stop. I just wanted him to stop. It hurt." I crumbled into tears and staggered towards him. ALl I wanted now was to have a hug. He closed the gap and pressed me into him. He put a hand on the back of my head and one on my lower back. I wrapped my hands around him and just cried.

        After a few minutes I pulled away and cleared my eyes. Still holding tightly to the piece of glass. 

" Now tell me what is going on. Who brought you here. Then what is this. "

" Blake a guy from school but thats not important right now. I killed Ryan because he wanted to  make me leave here. He wanted to take me home with him.  He wa angry when he found out I wasnt his only."

 " Wait are you telling me that Ryan and you have slept together. Sophie thats I am sorry to say but sick."

" No see thats not it. Well yes if you call rape sleeping together." I look down at my feet 

" For how long." Steven asks me through locked jaws."

" Since I was nine. Ryan and dad. Dad has only ever done it a few times but Ryan became possesive and maliscious.  He came by even when you were in town.  That first day when you picked me up. Well when we got home and when jasper went to the bathroom. Well it was a bloody mess in there. I took a bath that night and it left the tub a red tint and it was bad. He cleaned it up and kept my secret." By the time I was finished  he was angry. Shifting his hands through his hair. He punched a wall. Then he kicked Ryan a few times. I just flinched at his every move and cowered into the corner.

" Please say something."  He threw his hands into the air  as if he didnt know what to say.

" DO you regret handing me over to jasper." I say it pratically without thinking. he put his pointer finger to his mouth telling me to hush on that subject. I am guessing he didnt want any of them out there to know about it.