Chapter 6

" Sophie you know four years ago something went wrong when your brother returned. "

I just nodded at his words and let him finish

" We were only suppose to be gone on this mission for 18 weeks. It ended up turning into two years. Everything that could go wrong did. All 6 of us in the unit went missing.

We got caught and thrown into a dark hole. After a year of abuse and them some type of group from Iraq of which that is where we were. One by one the men started going crazy. They were doing stupid things." Mr. Gray paused. So many things shown in his eyes.

" I'm sorry but it isn't my story to tell really. Jasper did what had to be done when the rest of us couldn't. Its his story to tell." He Gave me one last smile before leaving.

I decides to push all my emotions back until a later time right now I had to work on getting packed.

I know you must think I am crazy. With my brother trying to kill himself only God knows when, jasper is planning some sick plan for me. But I decided to just focus on the less complicated for once.

So I packed a few things into a box.

I picked up a little porcelain figure. It was dolphin. He was curved like he was going to turn around. He was blue with grey streaks on the side. I loved to look at his eyes. They looked so real. I always respected their dignity and love they held along with so much more.

My brother got it for me when I was ten. He just came back from Hawaii from a trip with his best friend. It was one of my last presents. My brother turned 19 after that and headed off to the marine academy. After that he sent me birthday cards. I savoure every one though. It was my highlight between the beatings.

A knock interrupted my packing. I tensed up and glared at the person who could only be jasper.

" What." I said bitterly.

" Time to go were leaving. " He said in a bored tone.

He picked up my small box and left me shortly behind him.

As I left I saw my brother. He didn't even look at me. He knew he was giving me to the devils spawn.

I was still wearing my last nights close that jasper handed me. It was still pretty early in the morning. But I managed to fix my hair and brush my teeth so I didn't look like a zombie.

The drive to his house was silent which was surprising since it was a 2 hour drive.

All of a sudden he pulled off onto a little side pull over on an old dirt road.

Oh gosh was he gonna kill me ?

Was he going to rape me like he said he would or however he said it ?

Is he gonna just dump me here and leave ?

Is he gonna beat me ?

I had a lot of questions as I watched is every move.

" Let's go."

" Where." I was kinda curious.

" To my humble abode."

" You live in the woods."

" Ya its pretty cool just way till you see it." The playfulness had returned and along came the smirk with it.

" Well let's go."

We walked for about 20 minutes into the green forest. It was lush and beautiful. The trees were tall. The moss was thick. Then there stood a little log cabin house. No bigger than a little shed. About the size of a tiny house really. It was beautiful.

It was a one floor tiny house with two windows on each side of the four square frame. We stepped through the sodden door and into a warm room. Jaspers smell was in every breath I took as I looked around. In the middle of the room was a round fireplace. It was like having and outside fire inside as your girl place. I looked up to see the sky light that was open at this moment so all the smoke could escape. Around the fireplace were wooden chairs. Not just like wooden chairs but they meaning the threw of them were shaped like recliners. Except they were wood.

They were stained a dark red chestnut color.

One thing to say though they were gorgeous. Everything was made out of wood. He had two bookshelf's on each side of the room. The wall to my right went into a little small walk in closet looking room. Guess what it was a kitchen. The kitchen was beautiful he had a stove five cabinets on the wall then the refrigator. On the other side was the counter with two cabinets underneath. Next to it was two sinks. The counters were marble the cabinets were wood stained into a yellow looking color. The refrigerator was a sleekey black. Something I noticed was that there was no electricity. He lit the main house by the fire the kitchen by hanging lanterns. Then I wondered how does he run his refrigerator.

" Sophie close your mouth I might just half to stick my tounge back in the...."

I snapped it closed and sent him a glare. If looks could kill he would already begin the desingeration stage. Oh how I wish.

He immediately tried to stop his chuckling and clear off the smile.

" So where am I gonna sleep. I can just sleep in one of these chairs. I will be perfectly fine."

Then I saw that smile.

" it gets pretty cold even with the fire going all night. I sleep right over there." He pointed to the left wall where a mattress that was covered in wool blankets and two pillows. It was messy. The amount of blankets he had told me it for cold but with what I knew he was suggesting I decides to take the cold.

" I will sleep in a chair. Not with your sick psycho ass."

" Rember you liked my ass. You even said it was a nice ass."

I gasped while my jaw hit the floor.

" I did OK but I won't sleep in the same bed as you sick psycho being."

He just chuckled and walked off.

" So you have a shower right. " I wasn't quite sure because I didn't see anymore doors just one other.

" Ya its the stream behind the house. "

My eyes widened at the though of bathing in the stream.

" Look I am not bathing in a stream. Anyway it couldn't get that cold at night because we live where its warm all year around. " I know I just figured that part out.

" Ya its still warm in the day here but the fact we drove two hours and are now in Idaho. Anyway in these parts of the woods it gets cold. Also if you want a shower then the stream is your only way to get it." His voice sounded bored like this was boring having to explain it all.

" We could shower in the stream together. I will help you with your shirt you help me with my shirt then I he...."

He is unbelievable and that sounds hot and sexy and steamy.

' wait no shut up its gross. I think.'

" I will go bathe by myself and don't you look."

" Kill joy and don't worry I won't look I am a gentlemen."

" After this mornings words I am not quite sure about that." The words came out venemusly.

I grabbed my back pack which had my towel all my personal stuff and a clean pair of close.

Then I walked out the door.

I walked behind the house and found the stream. It went in a steady flow. It was beautiful. Their were flowers along side the river along with thick moss. It got a little heavier in the flow and seeped into a round basin. Before going back into the stream.

Looks like jasper dug out a little bathing spot. It was really nice.

" Well why not. Its a hot day. It can't be to cold."