Chapter 2 - Tea with the Dursleys

13/07/1991

You stayed with your new mother and father, who you found to be named Claire Thompson and Gavin Thompson respectively, for an uncertain amount of time. You found out many things about yourself. Firstly, you were homeschooled. This did nott come out to you as a problem since you already knew everything that could be taught to an eleven year old. Secondly, you loved cooking for them. The Thompsons asked you multiple times if you wanted to make dinner, or how the British would say it, tea with them, and your love for it. This was a little trickier as you then had to take time to learn how to work in the kitchen without the help of cookbooks. This included many trips to the library nearby to find information about culinary skills. The place was small; it only had one floor and the furniture was kept to the bare minimum. It was enough, though.

While you took trips to the library, you also tried your best to get in contact with the boy next door: Harry Potter. One morning, as you were making your way downstairs, you came face-to-face with Petunia and Vernon Dursley at your doorstep. You were always a little disgusted by them when you watched them from your TV, back in your universe. However, they looked uncharacteristically nice that day, inviting your family to theirs for the next Saturday. This was probably due to the fact that the series focused on their negative attitude towards Harry, and not everyone in general. You ended up shaking their hand with a smile.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Dursley! How are you?" you asked politely. You wanted to be on their good side so as to not create trouble.

Petunia answered, clasping her hands together and leaning down, "Oh, we're doing wonderful!" She looked back at your parents, "Such a sweetheart, you have!" She and Vernon looked at each other with an approving smile on their faces. "Well, our offer still stands. You moved here not long ago and what better way to get to know each other than over tea!" she exclaimed. While she talked, Vernon 's lips formed a small curve of delight. You, on the other hand, did not even know that your family had moved here only recently.

"I think that would be best," your mother replied, "what do you think?" she asked, looking at you. Soon, everyone's eyes were on you.

Vernon spoke up, "I don't think I mentioned, but I have a son just about your age," he smiled, pointing his finger at you in a playful way. The mere thought of his son seemed to cheer him up. Although you knew how he treated Harry, you couldn't help but find it sweet. He took a small pause and straightened up, thinking. "I also have my nephew around, but you shouldn't pay much attention to him. He's..." he paused, trying to find the right words to describe him. He took a small breath, eyes looking to his side, "...a bit of a troublemaker," he finished, now waiting for your answer.

"I think that would be great," you ended up saying. Hurriedly, you finished with a "thank you very much."

******************

Saturday came quickly. Before you knew it, you were dressed up for the occasion and ringing the Dursleys' doorbell, both your parents behind you. Your appearance was nothing short from perfect, and you were ready for whatever was about to come.

Your mother brought a gift for Petunia, while your father brought one for Vernon and wine. You, on the other hand, were fighting for your life with the two gifts you were entrusted to carry: one for Dudley and one for Harry. Your body, now that it was young, was weaker and the smallest task took much more effort.

You heard shuffling behind the door and, from the windows, you could see the Dursleys running everywhere for last-minute cleaning or arranging. Seeing them scurry everywhere was a golden sight, and you laughed to yourself a little. Finally, the door opened to reveal Vernon, who greeted you and your parents.