Chapter 9 - Three-Headed Dog

02/09/1991

"Have you heard? Harry Potter's the new Gryffindor seeker! I always knew he'd do well!" the ghost of Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington told another younger female ghost.

After charms class, you, Harry and Ron all walked side-by-side in the old courtyard, heading to the Great Hall. You all had big smiles stretched on your faces.

"Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in..." the redhead thought about it.

"A century, according to Mcgonagall," the boy next to you proudly specified.

"That's amazing! But doesn't it scare you?" you asked, slightly worried for him. You noticed how the Weasley twins, Fred and George, started following you three, walking next to you and Ron.

"I'm not scared," Harry replied with a small humoured huff, "I-"

"Hey, well done, Harry! Wood's just told us!" who you assumed was Fred said.

Fred seemed to have a straight nose whilst George had a bigger, rounder one. George also wore defined features and was slightly taller than his twin.

"Fred and George are on the team too. Beaters," the younger Weasley brother informed you and Harry.

"And our job is to make sure that YOU–" George started pointing to Harry, "–don't get bloodied up too bad!" he said with a smirk. "Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch."

"But no one's died in years!" Fred continued. "Someone will vanish occasionally–"

"–But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George yelled as you, Harry and Ron started crossing the courtyard whilst they continued down the halls, departing from your group.

Harry wore a very worried expression on his face. Your other friend noticed.

"Oh, go on, Harry. Quidditch is great! Best game there is, and you'll be great too!" the redhead encouraged.

"That's true," you commented. "I'm sure you'll do amazing, especially if Mcgonagall thought you were fit to play." Harry shot both of his friends a smile before speaking.

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" he asked, making a point.

"You won't make a fool out of yourself," said Hermione, who had just appeared impossibly close to you.

You yelped in surprise and turned around to face the girl, bumping into Harry in the process, who stabilised you.

"It's in your blood," the clever girl continued, ignoring all of your startled expressions. You all wore confused expressions until Hermione spoke again. "Here, let me show you," she added, attracting everyone's attention.

We all began following her in the school corridors until she stopped in front of a showcase filled with golden trophies. She looked at you with a smile after pointing to a specific badge in the glass. It read:

Seeker

JAMES POTTER

1970

"Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker too!" Ron exclaimed, staring at the object with his face almost flat against the glass, eyes wide in wonder. Your eyes glittered upon the sight of the trophies and Harry was left almost speechless.

"I... didn't know," the black-haired boy replied. He gazed at the badge with some sort of longing in his eyes. What if he knew his dad? Would he be proud?

******************

You four were now all heading to the Great Hall through one of the multiple moving staircases of Hogwarts. Ron was especially hungry and you swear you could have heard your stomach grumble from a mile away.