Chapter 8 - First Classes... Merlin Help Me

02/09/1991

The sun began rising and the light shone in your dorm, creating a vibrant energy. The room was filled with a scent that you could only get when you're a kid walking outside on a cool-weathered Saturday morning. You rubbed your eyes and propped yourself up on your elbow. Upon the sight of your room, which was spacious and had a comfortable atmosphere to it, you felt like you woke up in a dream. A dream that you never wanted to end.

Your room had walls that held an almost German style to it, the type that you see outside of a traditional home. Portraits and paintings littered the walls along with lamp lights, which were put out, and wooden furniture such as wardrobes, night tables and bookshelves. A dark green carpet about 18 feet in diameter covered the centre of the room, and owl stands stood near pots filled to the brim with plants.

Your silk pyjamas covered your body as you stood up, hair messy and walking at a slow pace. You heard a snicker coming from your side and you whipped your head towards the noise.

You saw giggling Hannah, pointing at Susan, who was still sleeping soundly. Soon enough, you shot a confused look at her, raising your hands by your sides. The blond-haired girl sighed with a smile, gesturing for you to come over. You strutted to her side, leaning down towards her. She put her hands on either side of her mouth, whispering in your ear.

"Susan–" she cut herself off by laughing. ""Su-Susan's snoring so loudly," she giggled again. Your eyes widened and the corners of your lips tugged up.

"What..." you said, turning your head over Susan once more.

As you walk towards the unsuspecting girl, the faint sound of a discreet hum became gradually louder. You took a good look at her.

She slept on her side in a ballerina position, her face crushed against her pillow, which was stained by the pool of drool coming from her mouth. Her snoring sounded more like a high-pitched mower that kept turning on and off, making you stare at her wide-eyed, your hand now covering your mouth to prevent yourself from laughing.

In short, Susan looked as if her soul had left her body.

Hannah hopped on her feet and strutted over to Susan, appearing next to you. She glanced your way and put her index up as a way to say "just wait". You looked at her closely, your body flooding with anticipation. The blond-haired girl started stroking Susan's round face with the back of her hand.

"C'mon sweety, ya have to wake up," she said in a sing-song motherly voice, smiling. Your hands shot up to your mouth as a way to contain your laughter. Your lungs burned, but at a good cost. Your face grew red.

The redhead groaned. "No, mom, let me be..." she rumbled.

By that point, you and Hannah could not hold it in anymore. The blonde burst out laughing as she jumped back, her hand flying up to her chest and another hand grabbing a nearby wardrobe to stabilise herself. In contrast to her, you lost complete stability as you snorted, rolling over and launching forward the foot of Susan's bed, landing on her covered feet.

Susan suddenly jumped up. "Ouch!" she yelled. The brown-eyed girl looked at you both and her eyes widened. "Oh, wowww," she said, dragging the 'wow' and clapping, her half-lidded eyes filled with irony. "What an amazing prank, you people are sooo smart and sooo mature. I am flabbergasted," she said, knowing for a fact that you two were too preoccupied with the burn in your lungs from wheezing silently.

She had stopped talking and looked over at you and Hannah, only to shoot up, grab her pillow and smack you, then blonde girl.

"OW, YOU MADWOMAN!" you screamed with a smile carved on your face. Hannah stood up wobbly.