Chapter 13 - TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON!

31/10/1991

Potions class.

You dreaded it. You dreaded Snape. You always found a way to make a fool out of yourself in his class and it seriously started to irritate you. You could still remember the detention you had with him a month ago, and it terrified you. He seemed to find a wicked pleasure in making you write "I will not stay past curfew nor hurt other students" 100 times. Then, when you were done, he added another hundred to do. Then another. And then another one.

And there you were, sitting on an uncomfortable stool next to Hermione and your roommates. Harry and Ron sat behind you and you noticed the harsh difference between students from Slytherin compared to other houses. The Slytherins talked as if class was not about to start in a matter of seconds whilst everyone else stood as still as an image, quills hovering above their notebooks, ready to start scribbling. Surprisingly, Snape seemed to love to start every one of his classes by barging in the room and spilling information for you to write down frantically. In front of you snickered Blaise not-so-subtly as Nott whispered something in his ear, making you sigh. The clock was ticking and Hermione's leg began bouncing off the ground fast.

Three... Two... One–

CLANK!

"Everyone, head to your stations immediately," the Devil himself said in his signature monotone voice, making everybody including you put your quills down and scramble to get your equipment and textbooks. You made eye contact with Nott and he motioned for you to come over. The cloaked man noticed the interaction and quickly put an arm in front of you, stopping you dead in your tracks. He glared at you before speaking up. "Page 12, I want you all to make me an antidote for common poisons..."

"...individually."

Your eyes widened and so did Theodore's. Snape looked down at you in an imposing stand, expecting to see your crushed expression, wanting to see your helpless eyes. He could have bet galleons that you would have tainted Nott's project. He smirked to himself only for his grin to be wiped off his face as soon as your lips formed a ghost of a smile, showing no disdain. He watched you skedaddle off to the nearest available station, picking up the right ingredients on the way.

Your station was far from Theodore's, but still facing his. You looked over to his place to see him already staring at you and shot him a reassuring smile, to say "I'm okay". He frowned, but you did not pay much attention to it. You opened your textbook.

Ingredients:

1 Bezoar

2 measures of Standard ingredient

1 pinch of powdered unicorn horn

2 mistletoe berries

Instructions:

Add 1 Bezoar to the mortar

Crush into a very fine powder using the pestle

Add 4 measures of the crushed Bezoar to your cauldron

Add 2 measures of Standard ingredient to your cauldron

Heat to a medium temperature for 5 seconds

Wave your wand

Leave to brew and return in 40 minutes with pewter cauldron, 34 minutes with brass cauldron and 30 minutes with copper cauldron

Add 1 pinch of powdered unicorn horn to your cauldron

Stir 2 times, clockwise

Add 2 mistletoe berries to your cauldron