Season 1 Extra

These are things I wanted to add, but could not as I had no idea where I would place them. Some are just what I originally wrote but then it didn't make it to the final cut. Enjoy! 

00 | Bitter and Sweet

He Loves Her But Not Romantically

Jay, the energetic and lightning-powered ninja, had always been known for his witty humor and occasional clumsiness. He was part of a close-knit team of ninjas, including Zane, and Cole. But there was someone who had entered his life more recently, someone special – Y/n.

The first day the girl came she felt different than the other two members, no she was different than the other two boys, Jay couldn't place it not until Sensei Wu informed them that Y/n had joined their adventures not as a ninja but as a loyal friend - something he knew she had no clue about, her expression gave her away rather quickly (thought Cole and Zane never understood how he knew as she never once let it show).

It didn't take long for her to become an integral part of the team, participating in their quests, cracking jokes, and standing by their side through thick and thin. It wasn't long before Jay started to notice a unique bond forming between them.

One sunny afternoon, as they all gathered at the Monastery of Spinjitzu for a training session, Jay found himself watching Y/n closely. She was practicing her Spinjitzu moves, her determination shining through her every move. And that's when it hit him like a bolt of lightning – he cared about Y/n deeply, not just as a friend but as something more familial.

As he continued to observe Y/n's progress, Jay couldn't help but feel a sense of protectiveness wash over him. He wanted to make sure she was safe during their missions, just like he would for a younger sister. He worried about her when she took risks, and he couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her.

During a break in their training, Jay decided to confide in Cole, his ninja brother and a trusted friend. "Hey, Cole," Jay began tentatively, "You know, I've been thinking about Y/n a lot lately," He admitted shyly.

Cole raised an eyebrow, a knowing smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Oh really, Jay? And what have you been thinking?"

Jay scratched his head, searching for the right words. "Well, I think... I think I see Y/n as... like a little sister, you know? Someone I need to protect and look out for."

Cole chuckled softly, nodding in understanding. "Jay, that's a pretty cool way to feel about her. Y/n's lucky to have you watching her back."

As their conversation continued, Jay realized that his newfound feelings towards Y/n were not just about protection but also about caring, supporting, and sharing the joys and challenges of life. He felt like an older brother to her, and he cherished that role.

From that day on, Jay's bond with Y/n deepened. He would offer her advice, share his hilarious anecdotes, and, most importantly, stand beside her as they faced the adventures and dangers of Ninjago together. Whether it was lightning or laughter, Jay was always there, fulfilling his role as the protective older brother he had come to see himself as.

And so, a new kind of family formed – one bound not by blood but by bonds of friendship and kinship that were equally as strong. Jay had discovered a sisterly connection with Y/n that added a whole new layer of meaning to their adventures and made their ninja team even more united.