00 | Bitter and Sweet

"Don't know if I'll see you again someday

"Don't know if I'll see you again someday."

Olivia Rodrigo - Hope Ur Ok

0:52 —o——————— 2:37

🔁⏮⏸⏭🔀

Prologue

.

.

.

When I was younger, my mother and father had set up rules that my brothers and I had to follow. We never disobeyed; we always did as they told us. The perfect children, we listen and never talk back. I guess, in a way, that is what led me to this. If you were to ask me if I could do it again, what would I change? Nothing because-

(Second Person P.O.V.)

Eyes burst open, taking in a sharp breath, gasping for air as if you were drowning in the deep sea. You leaned against a soft surface with the blanket covering you. Glancing up at the ceiling, your body becomes heavier as your head throbs. Heaving breathing, you force yourself to stand through strained limbs. You fell forward, hitting the floor.

"It's just a nightmare, it's not real," You utter, trying to stabilize your breath. Taking note of your surroundings, you were in a room. The stars were your only source of light. You took a moment, trying to remember how you even ended up here. You couldn't remember. Everything was a blur. All you knew was that you were in danger; your parents had sent you and your older brothers somewhere safe. Pushing yourself up, realizing that you no longer wear the light pink and gold Cinderella Divine dress but now have a white shirt and black shorts.

"Y/n, are you okay?" The doors open, and rushing inside, you note a familiar couple. They quickly realize what happened, and dashing towards your side, they wipe the tears away. "It's all in the past now; you don't have to worry about anything. You're safe now," You couldn't see her face clearly, but her voice was so familiar that you believed her.

(Third Person P.O.V.)

The couple whispered sweet nothings to the young girl, and before long, she fell asleep. Picking up the young girl and softly placing her in the giant silver bed. They stayed by her side until they were sure she wouldn't have more nightmares. Closing the door softly, they left just as soon as they came.

Morning came, yet there was no sign of Y/n waking up. It wouldn't have worried the couple much if she were the same as before. But they knew she wasn't; everything that day changed Y/n.

Jenise sat at the head of the table, thoughts flowing through her head. How did Jenise regret that day if only she had listened and been the one to get that instead of her older sister if only she were faster? She had too many "if only," but she knew she couldn't change anything because what's done is done, and no one can change the past.