Part 9

Susheela was sitting in the middle of the lawn wearing a simple yellow suit & salwar for haldi rasam, her hairs in a braid she was wearing a set of floral jewellery.

Kusum - meri bachi ko kisi ki nazar na lage.

They starts the Rasam. Taking the paste if haldi and applying it on her face hands and legs & blessing her. There were also some ladies sitting apart and singing the Geet for the bride.
Susheela was so happy to see that everyone was coming and coloring her face with haldi and blessing her. Her eyes got teary when her father and applied to haldi and her cheek lovingly. She can see, his happiness and she cried to it. That now she had go leaving them and Siya said that if she cried then she will click her pictures and send them straight to her Jija ji. That made Susheela angry. She went silent and smiled.
She bathed with water of haldi & kesar. Finally all her cousin came a head and held her hand hands and legs. Rubbing the haldi gently over her skin that would bring a perfect glow to the bride. They enjoyed the ceremony, painting the bride yellow and showering fresh roses of her. They clicked a lot of pictures. At last Susheela has supposed the join her hands to the god and her mother fed and some sweets that ended the ritual properly.

Susheela went to the washroom. Removed her clothes and stands behind the shower turning it onn. She rubbed away and haldi and didn't use any soap as she was restricted to use soap after haldi as the soap will removed the natural glow. She finally wore her comfortable clothes and came out. Her towel got stains of haldi.

Finally she laid on the bed and just thinking how would pramod's haldi would  be going?

One the other side.

Pramod was busy in the office, working on a very new project they got but his phone rang and disturbed him.

He a costed the call.

Pramod - hello..

Madhur - bhai... Bhai jaldi ghar aa jao..

Pramod - what happened?

Madhur - bhai mai nahi bata sakta bhot problem ho gayi hai yaha... Aap jaldi ghar aa jao please please please!

Pramod - mai aa raha hu.

Pramod rushed to home as he was tensed because Madhur sounded that he is about to cry.

He reached home and ran inside.

Pramod - Madhur!

Madhur - bhai aa gaye..

Pramod - are you fine??!

Madhur - mai to theek hu mughe kya hoga?

Pramod - to kya hua?

Sakshi - hua ye hai ki jab subah ko tughe mana kiya tha ki shaadi tak tu ghar se bahar nahi jaega to tu bahar kyo gaya?

Pramod - maasi, that's a myth that a groom can not go out of the house before marriage.

Sakshi - jo Bhi ho.. Vaha Susheela ko haldi lag bhi gayi aur tum ghar bhi nahi aae.. Abhi ke abhi change karke aao.

Pramod - par maasi...

Sakshi - mai jija ji ko bulau us se pehle change karke aa jao.

Madhur - bhai be a good boy na... Please...

Pramod was about to hit him but jay came out of his room and Pramod quickly went out of the room to changed.

He goes inside his room and changed his clothes and came out for the haldi which was to done on the terrace.

Sakshi - ab chup chap yaha baith ja.. To kuch ghanto tak muh mat kholna.

He nodded and realized some one has put ice cubes under his clothes. He turned and saw Madhur.

Pramod - teri to!

He quickly stand taking out the ice cubes.

Madhur - calm down bhai.. Baith jao.. Please...

Pramod sits back getting irritated.

Sakshi first came forward and takes haldi Pramod the bowl applying it on the his face, hands and legs. They his cousin and father and own brothers came ahead.

Madhur - bhai don't act like you don't like haldi. Bhabhi ko kya send karunga mai.. Chalo acche se smile karo.

Pramod didn't nothing except for whispering some bad words through which Madhur silently got aside. Because he know pramod holds the power of his monthly Salary and also know his each secret, even about crushing on Siya.

They all applied haldi properly.

Kunj - sab hat jao ab mai apne bhai ko haldi lagaunga..

Pramod weirdly looked at him as he can never study what's going on his mind.

Before he could realize anything.

Everyone threw water on him , that left him. Shivering.

Kunj - that's it.

He got aside.

Sakshi - ab jaldi se khada ho ja yaha se..

Pramod - khatam haldi.

Sakshi - ha khatam.. Jakar shower ke neeche khada hoja aur galati se bhi soap use mat karna.

He nodded walking downstairs. He went to his room and quickly took a shower. And rubbed away the haldi on his body and came rubbing the towel on his hair.

He laid on the bed as he was got tired. He took his phone and find that Siya has send him the pictures of Susheela's haldi. He smiled and looked at the pictures. She was looking so cute, she was smiling wholeheartedly in and every Pic.

He said nothing but "cute".

He smile faded suddenly when he remembered a memory of his childhood. When he was 5 years old and his his mother used to give her bath from haldi. On every Sunday. He use to laugh a lot ask why she gives him bath from haldi. She always said "haldi brings a beautiful glow on him as he is very beautiful". He use to enjoy very much.

This made his eyes wet that when is getting married, today he also needed his mother to be at the haldi rasam... And.... He cannot get her....
But he quickly wiped his tears looking back at Susheela's picture and smiled to it.

Vote - 30

Thankyou 🙂