| Prologue

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Syra Amir

Hi, I'm Syra Amir. I use to be of those 'never-going-to-happen-to-me' thinking kind of people. 

Well, I was wrong. Super-massively, football-stadium-sized wrong. 

It happened to me. It involved selecting the wrong item, and the use of a credit card for something non-refundable.

Yes, non-refundable. As in, if you cancel, you lose hundreds of pounds. 

How? How? How?

How does one book a ticket from Islamabad, Pakistan, while attempting to book a ticket for Istanbul, Türkiye?

I'll tell you how it happened, in precise details.

There I was, sitting at my office desk, attempting to buy a ticket for Istanbul, Türkiye for my next project. I had a pencil stuck in my hair above my ear, while I focused on the screen of my desktop computer. The mouse landed on Istanbul, when I heard my name being called.

"Saraaaaaaaaaaahhh!" 

Sweet doughtnuts! Does she have to yell like that! And the one millionth time, it's Syra, not Sarah! Exasperated, I turned and looked at Jill Hawkes, the assistant editor who was making her way towards me. "Yes, Jane?" 

"It's Jill." She told me with a disapproving frown.

"Oh! Sorry. Well, while we're on the subject, my name is Syra, not Sarah." I tried not to smirk, but there was something so irresistible about annoying someone who looked like she sucked lemons on an hourly basis. Don't get me wrong, it had nothing to do with her facial features- more like her miserable expressions.

Tall, with cropped dark brown hair and blue eyes, Jill was actually very talented, hence earning a promotion soon after joining the magazine. Yet, she was nasty on an out-of-this-world level.

"Have you booked your flight yet? I need the company card back." 

"I'm not going to go on a shopping spree with it. Give me a few minutes."

"Hurry." She stood a few feet away with her arms crossed over her chest and glared down at me, waiting for me.

I turned, pursing my lips with irritation. And then this happened. I had typed in 'Is' on the search box, and the following options popped up: Istanbul (Any), Istanbul (IST), Istanbul Sabiha (SAW) and Islamabad (ISB).

 I had typed in 'Is' on the search box, and the following options popped up: Istanbul (Any), Istanbul (IST), Istanbul Sabiha (SAW) and Islamabad (ISB)

Without paying attention, and thanks to a slip of finger, I must have selected Islamabad. The next thing, I was making the payment on the company card. Once done, I turned to hand over the card to Jill. "Take it."