24 | Miss You

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Syra

It was like being in a montage, where everything and everyone else was moving rapidly around me, as if someone had played a fast forward button, while I remained still and seated, my head in my hands. 

"Syra!"

I looked up sharply and suddenly I was the young kid who got hurt at school and saw her father coming to pick her up. "Dad." I stood up, my lower lip trembling.

"What happened?!" He looked startled as he saw my state, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"My bag...my camera bag...all stolen." I whispered, sobbing against his chest. 

"What?" He frowned down at me.

"I dozed off. And when I woke up..." I tried to compose myself, but I couldn't.

"Look, don't stress. Let me speak to a security manager here." He reassured me, kissing the top of my head. "We'll get your things back."

"My camera. Dad, my camera..."

"Syra, let me handle it. Don't stress out, sweetheart. Do you want me to get you a bottle of water?"

I shook my head before I remembered why I was here in the first place. "Mum? How is she?"

"Your Rida Khalla and Hareem Khalla are with her right now. She's better now. The doctor has asked her to use an inhaler. X-ray and tests have been done. We're just waiting for the results to come through now." He ran a hand over my hand. "Were you cards in the bag?" When I nodded, he said, "Do me a favour and cancel the cards of your banking app. Let me go and find a security manager."

I nodded, sitting back down. As I unlocked the phone, I noticed the messages.

<Musa: Hey, I see your flight has landed. Cleared immigration and collected your bags yet?>

<Musa: Syra?>

<Musa: Is immigration really that busy? It shouldn't take long for you, considering that you can just access the e-gates.>

I pursed my lips together, wondering what to tell him. Should I tell him everything now or wait till later? 

<Syra: Landed and in the arrivals hall. Dad just got here, so will be heading home.>

I cancelled my bank cards and looked up to see Dad speaking to some manager-type people, with the airport lanyards around their neck. They all glanced towards me, before walking towards me.

"Hi there, your father explained what happened. I'm Derek, and I will do everything to ensure that we find your bags, okay?"

After a great amount of promises and reassurances, the managers took my details and told me that they'd be in touch with me. I was feeling tired and just wanted to go home, see my mother, and then sleep.

*

Musa

I arrived home at almost one at night from work, trying to be as silent as possible. I had stayed behind in my office, in the otherwise empty clinic, finishing up some work. I was trying to avoid going back home as long as possible because, honestly speaking, I wasn't looking forward to being greeted by my quiet and empty room. Syra's presence in my life and in my room had brought nothing but brightness and liveliness, Ma Sha Allah, and I did not wish to go back there and feel her absence.

Unexpectedlyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें