12 | Fear

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

storiesbyzainab once again worked her magic by creating this using quotes by Musa! ❤️

*

This next one is my own. The girl in the middle and the guy in the middle are Jannah and Zeeshan.

 The girl in the middle and the guy in the middle are Jannah and Zeeshan

*

Syra

I pushed aside my latest worries, my latest concerns. I pushed aside the fear I was experiencing, the fear of being stalked.

Instead, I focused on the view ahead of me, of the calm and serene lake that was just twenty minutes north from Khwabpur. I'd told Jannah that I wanted to go swimming in a lake. It was something I'd always wanted to do. So, with the stunning backdrop of the majestic mountains, we now stood by the gorgeous lake.

I wore a burkini, a Muslim woman's modest swimwear.

"So, if you go from that end, it's shallower." Jannah began to point out...but I was already scanning the whole area with my eyes. 

I saw a pier, and with my lightweight waterproof camera hanging by a lanyard around my neck, I kicked my sandals off and ran down the pier. 

"Syra!" Jannah's alarmed voice followed me, but I paid no heed. 

Leaping into the air, my knees tucked against my chest, I dove into the lake. 

I believed that only fear could push away another fear. My anxiety about being in this water made me stop thinking about Haroon Zulqarnain. I needed this to clear my mind.

Being underwater helped. It also helped that I knew how to swim. There was a different form of serenity being amidst the cool water, away from land. It was a whole different world, and I absorbed the peace as much as I could before my lungs started to protest. When I surfaced, I felt refreshed. I lifted up my camera and turned it on. "Well, another item checked off my list." My gaze went to Jannah, who stood holding my bag which contained my towel and change of clothes. She looked pale-faced. She must sometimes wonder, I'm sure, why she took the job in the first place- during my first trip here. Now, like any true friend, she was stuck with me.