1 | Between the Pages of History

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Syra

Grey skies greeted me as I pushed back the curtains in my hotel room in Islamabad the morning after I'd arrived in Pakistan. I yawned and struggled to open my eyes fully as I stared out at the beautiful landscape. Today was the day I was going to start a new project, a project based on a village that was supposedly unlike any stereotypical desi village.

I walked over to the bedside table and picked up my small videocam to record my usual video diary. "Well, it's a brand new morning and I'm here in Islamabad. After breakfast, In Sha Allah we will be heading out to the village that Jannah told me about. Let's see how it goes. I hope I found the project that will finally make my boss realise my value." 

After my video-diary entry concluded, I showered and performed the morning routine before heading downstairs to the hotel restaurant for the complimentary breakfast.

It was a mixture of local and western food, and I almost had pancakes with maple syrup before the smell of channay tempted me to try desi food instead. Of course, I took some photos along the way as I might or might not end up including the desi experience in my project.

And after breakfast, as I was having coffee, I Google searched 'Khwabpur'.  I was surprised to discover that the supposedly tiny village had its own website.

It was a place of beauty, from what I could see scrolling through the photos in the gallery

It was a place of beauty, from what I could see scrolling through the photos in the gallery. My curiosity got the better of me, and I searched around the website until I saw the name of the person who had created the website: Zeeshan Dilawar, son of the village Sardar.

The photos definitely made the place very appealing, and I couldn't wait to get there.

I rushed back up to my room to get ready.

*

The wind blew my hair back as I had the window fully rolled down. Islamabad was left behind and we were approaching the mountains, and there was a significant difference in temperatures already. 

I wore a navy blue shirt that was shorter from the front and longer from the back, along with geo print multicoloured wide-legged trousers, along with brown ankle boots that would make walking easier.