Epilogue

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Aisha

"Ki kar rahe ho tussi?" I gasped out.

*"What are you doing?"

"Tumhari seat belt bandh raha hoon." Farid replied, smiling as he placed his hands in my lap.

"Sab de saamne?" I was mortified.

*"In front of everyone?"

"Phir khud hi bandhlo, laikin bandhni to padhegi." He informed me in an amused tone.

*"Then fasten it yourself, but you must do it."

It was my first plane ride ever. The entire experience had been thrilling, from the airport to the first time I saw a plane through the window. Our trip was starting with Istanbul, Turkey. When Farid had shown me photos of the place, I had constantly gasped. I couldn't believe that I was going there!

He had already applied for a visa for the UK as well. In Sha Allah, I'll also soon go to London, where my Musa was raised!

I lifted up the belt and looked at Farid, glancing at his lap to see how he had done it. I figured it out and buckled it, smiling proudly.

"Good." He nodded.

"Matlab acha, haina?" I confirmed. He often used that word while teaching me, and when he was happy with my progress.

*"Meaning good, right?"

"Yes."

I grinned. "Good." I then turned to look out of the window. "Ja'az chal pada ay!"

*"The plane is moving!"

Farid, wearing black jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt, leaned closer to me, his scent filling my senses in the most pleasant way possible. I blushed as his fingers laced with mine. I myself wore a rose petal pink plain kameez with matching fitted trousers and a black velvet shawl with pink and green floral embroidery. Shaila and Syra had tried to convince me to wear Western, but I had firmly refused. I wanted to see and travel the world, but not at the expense of forgetting who I was.

I turned to look at Farid. "Menu thoda jaeya darr lagda peya ay."

*"I'm a little scared."

"Koi gal nai. Mere nal gallan kar." He spoke as softly as ever.

*"Don't worry. Keep talking to me."

I squeezed his hand and looked out of the window. It was still dark outside, and the lights of the airport glittered like the stars over Khwabpur. The plane lights dimmed for take off, and my grip around his hand tightened.

"Jaddon batti chali jandi se sadday kar, jaddon sada veya hoeya si..." He whispered, his voice soothing and calm.

*"Whenever the lights went out at our place, when we newly got married..."

I closed my eyes and I remembered. The candlelight dinners, the whispered sweet nothings, the soft kisses, the tingling skin as our hands explored each other's bare skin in the romantic light from the scented candles. "O lamhay botti pyare si..." I smiled.