9 | Proposal

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Syra

I couldn't help laughing with happiness as I celebrated Qudsiya's wedding.

Wearing a pale pink lehenga with a peplum blouse and silver circular sequins that lined the hems and borders of the dress and with a matching dupatta, I felt like a princess. 

**The blouse seems see-through in the photo, but isn't for story purposes**

But more than the outfit, more than anything, I was happy for other reasons. Reasons that dwelled deep within my heart.

My Dad had spoken to Musa's Dad...and the parents were going to meet!

"Ma Sha Allah!" Aniqua Phupho smiled as she saw me. The eldest amongst the siblings, she was based in Toronto with her family. Her daughter was getting married to a British guy, hence they were here. "Hamari gudiya to bohat khush lag rahi hai. Allah har buri nazar se bachey. Ameen." She placed her hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

*"Our doll seems very happy. May Allah protect you from evil eyes. Ameen."

Aamna Phupho also approached us. "Humse bhi to share karo is khushi ka raaz, meri chanda."

*"Share with us as well the reason for this happiness, my love."

"It's Qudsiya's wedding." I blushed as I replied. "Of course I'm happy."

My father's older sisters exchanged a knowing look.

"Photo?" A photographer randomly approached us. Sometimes it feels like the wedding photographers and videographers are on the lookout for mushy family moments to capture.

My Phuphos wrapped their arms around me, and the three of us smiled at the camera. In the next photo, both of them were kissing my cheeks, the adored niece of doting Phuphos.

I was adored in my Dadiyal because I was the only child of the only son/brother of the family. I was adored in my Naniyal because I was Mum's only child. Would I be adored in my Sasural? The thought randomly popped into my head.

And the thought of my Sasural made me think of Musa. And the thought of Musa Duraid made me blush again.

*

Musa

"So, you're gonna be fine, right?" I asked the little boy in front of me, my last patient of the day.

The little boy nodded, holding onto the little plastic T-Rex in his hand.

"Good boy. And you know that if anything is bothering you, you can talk to me, right?" I gave him a warm smile, to assure him that I was a friend and someone who would help him.