23 | Unexpected Distances

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Initially, it wasn't the plan, but Huzaifa Ali is the lead of my new upcoming book. The introduction and prologue are out, but I won't be updating it soon. It's just a 'coming soon' teaser for now. The book is called 'Enamoured'.

 The book is called 'Enamoured'

*

Syra

"His wife will be a lucky person, because it would be halal for her to drool over him." Jannah stared at the photo of Huzaifa Ali, my new boss.

After my meeting with the manager of StarLite, I had called Jannah to meet me for a cup of coffee, and I'd told her about Huzaifa, showing her his photo on the social media page. 

"If you were single, I'd totally say that this sounds like an office romance between you and your boss, but I won't say a word now. I'm totally Team Musa Bhai." 

"Astaghfirullah! And now he wants me to go with him and the team to Khwabpur, and for me to lead the project." I sighed.

"Is it difficult for you because he's hot?" She blinked.

"Jannah, I'm gonna kill you." I narrowed my eyes at her as she burst out laughing.

"Just relax, Syra. Just because you work with someone attractive, doesn't mean it's the end of the world." She rolled her eyes. 

"I feel weird about going to Khwabpur with him..."

"And the team. You just said it's a team, not just you two." She pointed out.

"I actually miss Jill Hawkes at this point." I sighed.

"You make me laugh. God help me, but you sound like you're worried that you'll end up having an affair..." 

"Jannah!" I gasped, mortified.

She pursed her lips to control her giggles, but her eyes sparkled with humour.

*

"My new boss wants me to go with him and the team to Khwabpur." I told Musa when I returned home. He was in the living room, watching some classic action film. 

"Khwabpur will keep pulling you back towards it, huh?" He grinned lazily at me.

I sat down beside him. "An additional, but important information is that my new boss is what a red-blooded girl would describe as 'attractive'."

He glanced towards me, eyebrows raised. "Including this red-blooded girl?" He pointed towards me.

"I wouldn't call him unattractive." I shrugged.

He leaned his forearms on his knees and looked at me. "Do you expect me to feel threatened?" 

"I don't know what to expect." I admitted. "Do you feel threatened?"