11 | Love of a Lifetime

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Musa

Zee was a pain in my a**. 

We were both all grown up, but that idiot wouldn't stop pranking me.

After a nice and early horse-riding session, I was having a shower in the bathroom by the stables. I knew, without any doubt, that I had left my fresh set of clothes just outside the actual shower stall. 

They weren't there when I came out. Let's just say that Zee was gifted with a generous amount of galliyan.

*Galliyan: swear words.

I saw my used set of clothes, the one I'd worn while horse-riding, but not the clean pair. "Zee, you're a dead man."

So when the door opened with a loud creak, I assumed that it was that twat coming to p**s me off even further. So I half-turned and threw my shirt at him without even looking.

"Zeeshan, ay ki beghairti ay? Mere saaf kapde kithay ain?"

*"Zeeshan, what is this shamelessness? Where are my clean clothes?"

With a towel wrapped around my waist, and while rubbing another towel through my hair, I muttered, "Teri khair nahi mere hathon."

*"I won't spare you."

And I looked up at him, jaw clenched.

Except that it wasn't Zeeshan, the pain in my a**. It was Syra Amir, the girl who refused to vacate my mind and my heart.

I stepped closer to her, unable to believe whether she was actually here, or whether she was just a fragment of my imagination. "Syra?" 

My heart pounded hard as my gaze refused to tear itself away from someone it had yearned to see. Her hair was longer. She was wearing a long black kameez with black and pink floral leggings and white trainers. The door of the bathroom had closed when I'd unintentionally thrown my used shirt at her, which was now clutched against her chest. After a brief moment of locked gazes, she closed her eyes.

"Mera veham ho tum?" I whispered.

*"Are you my hallucination?"

She nodded. "Yes, you are imagining me. Now wake up and come back to reality, Musa Duraid."

I chuckled. "Hallucination or not, tumhari yehi baatein hain jo mujhe yaad aati hain."

*"These sassy comments of your are the ones that I miss."

As I studied her carefully, almost as if wanting to drink in her presence before the hallucination ended, my gaze dropped to her arm and I frowned. "What happened?"

She opened her eyes and followed my gaze. "I fell...off a tree...while taking photos."

That's such a Syra way to fall. I resisted the urge to smile, even as my concern for her grew. "You okay?"

She grabbed the door knob, ready to leave.

"I'm proud of you, Syra. Your photos were the main feature of the issue that month. Your photography really brought out the beauty of Khwabpur. Ma Sha Allah." Of course I had a copy kept safely with me at home. When I had first seen it, my pride had known no bounds.

"You're proud of me?" Her eyes widened slightly as she looked at me.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I crossed my arms over my chest.