20 | Selfless Love

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Shaila

Shaila

"You cannot be serious? Are you serious?" Faris blinked at me, surprised.

"I've never been so serious in my life. Not even about you." I winked at him as I laced up my roller skates.

"Shy, you're gonna fall. And then you're gonna hurt yourself. And then we're gonna have a second injured bahu of the Duraid family." He sighed.

"Have you seen the veranda? It's the perfect place for my skating!" I insisted. "Faris, don't be boring." I stood up from the charpai set out in the veranda, and smiled as I saw the wide space. I'd missed skating. I used to do it a lot when I was growing up and when I was a teenager. 

Faris watched me worriedly as I started skating, but it came naturally to me. Skating had always been therapeutic for me, and as I moved around the veranda, my pony ruffling in the breeze, I felt good. 

I skated over to him and took his hands. "When we worry too much, we lose out on precious moments of life. I skated away and grinned when I saw Syra Bhabi appear in the veranda. "Hey, Bhabi! Want to try?" 

Her eyes widened. "Of course!"

"Bhai ne tumhain to kuch nahin kehna, Shy. Meri kambakhti aajayegi." Faris muttered.

*"Bhai won't say anything to you, Shy. I am the one who'll get in trouble."

"I suggest you go horse-riding with him and Zeeshan Bhai then. You know nothing about this." I grinned cheekily at him.

"God, I haven't done this since I was seven or something." Syra Bhabi sat down on the charpai, as Faris walked off towards the stables.

I took the skates off and slipped my feet back into my sandals. "I think these skates should fit you." 

She put them on and laced them up.

"Okay?"

She nodded and stood up with me holding onto her arm. "Whoa." She laughed. "This is so cool." She moved forward and stumbled, but I held onto her. "It's okay, Shaila. You can let me go. I want to try this."

Now I felt worried. "Don't get hurt again. Please." 

She squealed as she almost tumbled onto her face, but I had to hand it to her. The girl was determined and the fear of falling was not going to put her off. Soon she steadied herself enough to skate slowly. "It's all coming back to me now." She laughed again. "I only stopped when I badly scraped my knees and Mum warned me never to do it again."

"And yet here you are." I smiled.

"Aren't girls always told to do whatever they want after marriage?"