『 CHAPTER 1 』

Friday, 6:00 AM,
Raimon Jr. High

The final day of the first week of school. The perfect day to have a new student ⸺ well, not exactly a new student, since, according to what Sorano Aoi said: The new student was just a student whose registration was delayed, so her arrival had to be postponed until this date.

Still, it didn't change the fact that both Tenma and Shinsuke were excited that the new student would join their class.

7:00 AM struck; the school bell rang.

The students stood at attention when the teacher arrived. With baited breaths, eyes were pinned on the door that slid opened again.

A girl with [hair length] in [hair colour], strung up messily by [a/an] [accessory piece], walked in with the tailored uniform hidden underneath a sweater. Her [eye colour] ribbon matched her eyes, which sparkled at everyone.

She grinned, showing off an array of sharp teeth. Like a T-rex! Shinsuke awed.

The teacher gave her a chalk. She took it and wrote her name. The kanji was a little off positioned, but it still read as:

[Surname] [Name]

She turned to the class afterwards. Opening up her bag, she took out a medium-sized whiteboard. Some of the students whispered. She retained her smile, however, as she showed to them the writing on the board:

"Nice to meet you! Let's get along!"

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Rock paper scissors was what decided who would talk to you first. Aoi won, smirking down to the dejected Tenma and Shinsuke.

"[Surname]-chan!"

Aoi waved at you. You perked up, waving back with five times the energy. Aoi giggled.

"Have you decided what club to join yet?"

You nodded. Aoi stuttered; hoping that you had chosen the Soccer Club. It was indeed a pleasant surprise when you showed Aoi your choice in your phone's notes.

"Yeah, the Soccer Club!"

Aoi clapped her hands. "That's great to hear! I'm in the club too! Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Aoi. You see those two over there? They're Tenma and Shinsuke. All of us are in the same club."

You quickly typed your reply. "Awesome! Can you guys show me where the club is?"

"Sure thing! We'll give you a tour around here too!"

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

"Shindou-san!"

The team's captain turned to meet Haruna. He nodded towards her. She walked up a little closer and flipped a few papers on her clipboard. Her eyes scanned through them.

"Ah, here. Shindou-san, today a student who had entered Raimon a little few days late wanted to join our club."

"A newcomer...?" Shindou furrowed his eyes. Well, he supposed, the new student couldn't have heard that the club wasn't in a good condition thanks to the addition of a certain SEED.

Haruna nodded. "Yes. I know it's very hard to believe, but she was adamant about joining. On the bright side! We have a little bit more members now. Do note her current role right now is to be one of the club managers."

"So a manager? Understood. I'll inform the rest when they get here."

"Thank you. Please excuse me, I need to see Coach Kudou now."

Haruna left. Shindou sighed and closed his eyes. She was just a manager, and Shindou wondered if she had a backup plan for when the club falls.

Past his arrival, the other members arrived, including the managers. Some had looked at Tsurugi in disdain, with Kurama clicking his tongue as he muttered that Tsurugi was here just to observe the new member.

While waiting, the members did their own thing. Minamisawa read his novel, while the majority, except Tsurugi, discussed the addition to the club.

"What do you think, Sangoku-senpai?" Hamano asked.

"Me?" Sangoku looked up in thought. He opened up his bottle. "Well, I just think it's nice they're joining our club."

The door opened. Everyone turned to see Aoi, Shinsuke, and Tenma. Sangoku turned, too, drinking his bottle.

"Everyone," Aoi said, "please meet our new friend!"

Aoi stepped aside, showing everyone the new addition to the team. Sangoku's eyes widened.

"This is [Surname] [Name]!"

Sangoku choked on his water.

Hamano panicked and patted Sangoku on his back. "You okay, Sangoku-senpai?"

"I ⸺ I'm fine. Drank too fast."

He looked back up again towards you. You tilted your head and grinned at him.

Your teeth were never sharp. It wasn't like that. It was never like that before. Before ⸺ before before before before before before! ⸺Sangoku pursed his lips.

Before you died.