『 CHAPTER 45 』

Immediately after Raimon Soccer Club received their Championship Goblet, everyone agreed to have a celebratory dinner on Saturday, sponsored by Shindou and his family. (Endou, that very moment, cheered on the inside he didn't need to eat Natsumi's cooking for dinner.)

Aside from that, Raimon's victory had led the school name and the club, especially, soaring through the roof. Therefore, it was without a doubt the your soccer club gained a lot of fans. Some of your seniors had more than the other. You, in particular, had your own fanclub, much to your surprise.

To add on to your shock, said fanclub was your own classmates, a few seniors from other classes, and many also from other schools.

"You sure have gotten famous," Minamisawa said as he waited for the bus with you and Sangoku.

"Hahaha, she deserves it, don't you think so?" Sangoku said.

Minamisawa nodded. You turned red, patting your cheeks.

(Cute, both boys thought.)

Minamisawa's eyes blinked in recognition. "Ah, [Name], by any chance, do you have any plans for the next few days?"

You tilted your head. You told him about the party, explained by Sangoku. Minamisawa noted the information before looking ahead in contemplation.

"Something on your mind, Minamisawa?" Sangoku asked.

"Yes." He gave a (small) sly smile. "But it is something I will keep to myself."

You and Sangoku raised an eyebrow. "Alright, then."

The conversation between you three continued on, mainly focused on teasing you about your fanclub, much to your embarrassment. You were saved when the bus arrived.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

On the way to the gates, you and Sangoky bumped into Tenma, Aoi, and Shinsuke. The latter all waving with smiles, bombarding you with general questions about your wellbeing. You told them you were fine and had adequate rest.

Soon enough, on the walk to the clubroom, Shinsuke, Aoi, and Sangoku were excitedly chattering about the upcoming dinner party. Meanwhile, you asked Tenma about Taiyou.

"About Taiyou? Oh, he's fine, if you're wondering! Turns out he's gotten some help from a sponsorship by Gouenji-kun!"

Your eyes widened. The Gouenji-kun?

As if Tenma knew, he nodded. "Yup! Awesome, isn't it?"

You looked at your hands. You couldn't recall when was the last time you've ever held hands with Taiyou again; embracing his sunny warmth.

"You know ... he said he missed you."

You looked at Tenma. He gave you a bright grin.

"So don't forget to visit him after school, kay?"

You nodded with a small smile.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

It was now lunch break.

Everyone gathered at the clubroom. On the whiteboard, Haruna had jot down the plans for the party. Shindou and Endou stood on the other end of the whiteboard.

"Since Shindou-kun is in charge of the catering, he'd like to know what dishes everyone would like to eat?" Haruna asked.

"Onigiri!" Nishiki said.

"Sushi!" Hamano said that.

"The most fanciest desert ever known to mankind," Kariya suggested - no, it was more like an order - with a serious face.