『 CHAPTER 13 』

Sangoku arrived in the front of your home. Immediately, you opened the gates for him.

You bowed down, apologetic that he had to carry your bag that you left behind. But he told you it was fine and hugged you.

You cried again.

And now, the two of you were in your room together, watching some variety shows lent by Sangoku, as his attempts to cheer you up while you sipped cold water to rehydrate yourself. He allowed you to lean against his shoulder and even held your bucket of ice cream for you.

"Do you want me to help inform your homeroom teacher if you don't want to go to school tomorrow?"

Sangoku had taken up sign languages before to understand you better, so you just signed to him:

"I wished. But the school won't like that I'm just all moody and not wanna go."

Sangoku patted your head. "Well, you shouldn't force yourself. Your wellbeing is what's important."

You held your fingers. Then, slowly, you signed, "I want a hug."

Sangoku, almost, almost, blushed. But he was used to close contact with you. That's why he complied with your request, wrapping his arms around you while you followed suite.

You're going to need all the energy, you noted to yourself. Because, as your resolve, no matter whether it be Mannouzaka, your team, or Tsurugi, you will give it your all for your first match.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Minamisawa wasn't around, but you expected that. You expected, too, that your seniors, except Sangoku and Shindou, will obey Fifth Sector.

"[Surname]."

You looked up at Endou.

"What's your choice?"

Everyone looked at you. Right, it was your decision. Not Fifth Sector, not Tsurugi's, not Minamisawa's, and not your seniors.

It's yours.

So, with a hand on your dead heart that yet beats rhythmically, you mouthed to them your answer:

"I want to play with my friends."

Endou smiled. Kirino looked at you, and sighed. He called out to Endou, not to your expectations, as he declared he'll join as well.

A bud of hope blossomed inside of you.

You jumped at a notification from your cellphone. You took it out of your bag, and saw a message from Kita. A message that made the bud of hope in you grew.

Good luck on your match.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Kita looked at the message he had sent. He received a reply from you, much to his surprise. You sent a sticker of a cat with a heart.

He blushed and covered the sticker with his finger. Well, he thought, at least you were happy about his message.

"Oh, you're watching Raimon's new match?"

"Ah, yeah, I am," Kita answered towards the messy, blonde-haired boy who wore his goggles almost 24/7, Nishinosora.

Nishinosora raised his brows in interest and sat next to him.

Kita's eyes widened. "You're watching too?"

"Eh, why not? I wanna see if they're gonna rebel again. It's gonna be interesting since they're up against Mannouzaka. They're even rougher than us with that Isozaki guy around."