『 CHAPTER 10 』

You were pacing back and forth before the match started. You weren't going out on the field, but it was because you couldn't do anything out there, you wanted to tear your heart out.

You went ahead and bought a packet of ice. You could have gone for the cans in the vending machine, but the packet lasted longer.

Thanks to your zombie strength, you could carry it, and you wouldn't freeze either since your body enjoyed the cold.

"Oh, that looks heavy. I can help carry that."

You looked next to you. He was wearing the Tengawara soccer uniform, but he seemed nice, judging by the way he neatly tied up together his orange curls with a white headband and had soft blue eyes. Nonetheless, you shook your head to decline his help and carried on.

"You don't need to worry," he suddenly said. You looked at him, an eyebrow raised. "The ice, I meant. It's good you have it on hand, but I'll do my best so my team won't be rough."

You now noticed he had the captain band on, and realised he misunderstood why you bought the ice packet. Still, a little courtesy wouldn't hurt, so you signed "thank you" and "good luck" before you walked away.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

You were waving your sign, "GO RAIMON!" it read, high in the air. Midori shouted the words through her megaphone, followed by Aoi doing the same by cupping her mouth.

It was, indeed, a terrible idea to have put your hopes up.

You wanted to scream, to release a growl, at your seniors who were playing half heartedly. Your reactions towards the game played like a record.

It went as followed: you paled when Tenma was tripped by the opposing member, you screamed at the opposing team with every curse chants your uncle had taught you in your head, your jaw dropped when Sangoku was ready to accept defeat instead of trying, but then you smiled when Shindou blocked the goal.

Shindou noticed your jumping self at the sidelines. You waved your signboard at him with much energy you had, causing him to smile.

"We ... Raimon will take the win!" Shindou declared.

This riled up Shinsuke and Tenma further. You squealed over Shindou's use of Kami no Takuto, and Tenma's Soyokaze Step.

"Taichi!"

You and Sangoku paled, recognising the voice. You slowly craned your head to the stands, and your heart almost stopped beating.

His mother was here. You didn't account for that. Sure, it was a good thing for Sangoku, but how were you going to explain to his mother that you were alive when she was there at your funeral four years ago?!

At this rate, your grave sounded like a nice bed to curl up inside and die again.

You quickly focused back on the match, hoping that she wouldn't notice you at the benchmark. Your worry about your zombie secret switched to worry for your friends.

Tengawara had resulted into rough plays. It certainly disabled your seniors' will to play.

(You did chuckle when you saw the bird Kenshin that Hayabusa guy used. Funny birb.)

You gasped then. Chi-senpai! Your heart ached, for the force of the Kenshin shot slammed into him towards the goal.

You dropped your sign. It was now a 1—1.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

You ended up using your ice packet to tend to Sangoku's wounds. Sangoku winced, and you fretted.