『 CHAPTER 33 』

It was another break day for Raimon Junior High after their win.

You were resting in your home that day, for a short while. You had made some plans in the early morning while you greeted the other early birds in your phone.

Tsurugi was one of those early birds. He had texted you whether you'd like to accompany him to visit Yuuichi, which you agreed, since you were also planning to visit Taiyou.

Down the line, the two of you discussed what possible jobs the two of you could find and sign up for. Tsurugi in it for the fund for Yuuichi's surgery, and you were in it to help Yuukoku get your makeup specialised for the dead.

"[Name], there's someone who wants to see you!"

You sat up from your bed with wide eyes. You messaged Tsurugi you'd talk later when the time comes.

Then, you went out of your room to head for the living room. There, you were met with Yukimura accompanied by Fubuki. You turned to Yuukoku, humming curiously.

"They wanted to visit our home," Yuukoku said.

Fubuki laughed. "Correction. Yukimura wanted to see how you're doing well, [Surname]."

Yukimura blushed. He hid behind Fubuki to avoid your eyes, but he didn't deny Fubuki's statement.

Fubuki laughed once more. "If you couldn't tell," he began, "Yukimura's been pleased to hear that you've recovered."

To hear that, you were touched. You approached Yukimura. Yukimura shuffled further behind Fubuki, but he poke his eyes out, just to see your smile that made his cheeks even more pink.

While Fubuki seemed amused by this, Yuukoku wasn't (as much as he can't see, his Protect My Niece™ senses were tingling).

"Well, since you've completed your objective, how about you lea⸺"

"Ah, but there's something I wanted to talk to you about Yuukoku-san."

Yuukoku bit back a sigh. "Then I suppose we can chat over some tea."

You nodded. You also wanted to talk with Yukimura. So, after asking what Yukimura wanted to drink through a board, you helped Yuukoku to prepare the drinks.

Once the drinks were done, Fubuki and Yuukoku talked about on in regard of the rebellion. Meanwhile, you and Yukimura took the couch corner to talk with your phone as the intermediary.

Yukimura started it off, albeit somewhat shy. "So ... how have you been feeling ... as of late? Especially after the rematch?"

"I've been well, thanks for asking. As for after the rematch, it's thanks to my friends that I'm still well and not too traumatised."

"I'm glad to hear that." Yukimura pondered over the term 'friend' you've typed down. "Um, I'm sorry."

You tilted your head as if to ask, What for?

"Ah, I meant ... I'm sorry if you find it weird that I kept visiting you, since we're not, well, friends."

Your mouth formed an O. Then, it switched to an V. You typed: "I don't find it weird, Yukimura-kun. Despite whatever status you think we have, I'm grateful you arranged your time to check on me. Thank you."

"I ⸺" Yukimura rubbed his neck. "I-it’s ⸺ I'm glad you don't find it weird. So, does this mean ... could we be friends?"

You nodded.

And that was how you got Yukimura's number, and he got yours.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡