『 CHAPTER 32 』

"I present to you our meatloaf."

Kariya poked the semi-burnt loaf served before you on a plate. While Sangoku helped you to take a photo of the meatloaf, Kariya tried to read out the words that were written with gravy to the others.

"'Welcome back' ... that's what it says, right?"

"Actually, it's 'Glad to have ya back'," Nishinosora corrected. "What'cha think? Looks delicious ain't it?"

"Ugly," Minamisawa said, pausing his storytelling to you. "Very ugly. The gravy's quite illegible."

"Shut up. I ain't hearin' that from a guy who didn't offer a hand."

"I provided morale support."

"Morale support my as—"

"Language!" shouted Yuukoku from the kitchen.

"Sorry sir! Where was I? Oh right. Morale support, my butt."

Kurama shook his head at the banter. "That's classic Minamisawa for you. If you don't ask, or if he doesn't have the will himself, he's not gonna volunteer."

You clapped your hands at the scene before you. Sangoku rubbed your head at the smile you presented, as glad as everyone else you ended up alright.

"Hey, just to confirm," Midori piped in, "anyone told [Name] bout the rematch thing?"

"I did," Sangoku replied.

"You guys got the date already?" Miyabino perked up from his cutting of the meatloaf (that he lowkey wanted to be the one to feed you with but was beaten to it by Sangoku). "Coach Sakuma didn't give us any information about it."

"Well, it'll be public soon anyway," Ryuuzaki announced.

"Are you kids talking about Kidokawa now?" Yuukoku came in with two trays of orange juice. Hikaru and Nishiki went up to help him, which he thanked.

"Yep, we're talking bout the rematch," Nishiki clarified. "Honestly saying man, think we're all ⸺ how to say it? ⸺ nerve wrack about it."

"Yeah!" Tenma said. "We practice as much as we can! Before the date reveal, Coach Kidou predicted up the possibilities of what stadium we'll be put in."

"I swear if they put you kids in that Waterworld Stadium again, I will riot," Yuukoku stated.

"Hahahaha ... that's what Haruna-san said too...."

"That reminds me!" Miyabino brought up. "Coach Sakuma leaked to me that it'll be the Waterworld Stadium ⸺"

A wave of groans resound in the room.

"⸺ but it's been renovated to at least prevent what happened with [Name]-chan!"

"From what you're saying," Hayami sighed, "means it's possible for us to get a different kind of injury that what [Name] had."

Miyabino said nothing after that.

Kita shook his head. "Well, I do hope that [Surname] won't be put on the field this time."

"Rest assured about that," Shindou confirmed; sitting beside Kita. "After what happened, Coach Kidou said the Waterworld Stadium and [Name] don't work well together."

You nodded at that. You were sure that although the fear of water wasn't as strong as your fear of fire, you would still be hesitant to move on the stadium field.

"Speaking of the stadium ⸺" Namikawa said, after he was done transferring the [favourite aquarium pet] he managed to catch for you, as well as the fish Hamano caught for you, into the house's second aquarium "⸺ few days ago, an agent from Fifth Sector ordered for a few elder folks from the wet market, including my ma and pa, about supplying them some live fishes for the stadium."