『 CHAPTER 17 』

"You're going against Teikoku?!"

You hushed Taiyou with a finger to your lips. He clapped a hand over his mouth, before he apologised about shouting in a hospital. Then, he said, "So, a whole block change, huh? What else were you told about?"

"Nothing much else, really." You pouted. But you suddenly straightened up. "Oh, we are going to try out a hissatsu tactic for the match."

"A hissatsu tactic?" Taiyou leaned in, eyes sparkling. "What's the name?"

You cooed in your head at his curiosity. However, your answer to him was a finger to your lips, causing him to pout. He leaned back while he crossed his arms behind his head.

"Fine, I'll keep my eyes peeled then for the match. Do you think you'll play?"

You looked down in thought at that. Would you play? The question repeated in your head. You weren't quite sure what Endou would plan for the team. His mind, as you've deduced, works in an odd way.

Out of the box, you'd say.

So, your only answer to Taiyou's question was to shrug. He sighed at that.

You tried to change the topic afterwards. "Well, I do hope I'll get to play for the team. Enough about me. What did you do today?"

You spent the next hour listening to Taiyou talked about Fuyuka, his complains about the hospital, before being dragged by him to the outside to play.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Tsurugi glanced out to the garden. His eyes landed on your figure, dragged away by a patient he didn't know.

A patient whose smile is wide and bright it rivalled yours. A patient whose legs were fine, whose legs were strong and stable to play soccer with you.

Tsurugi frowned. He looked away, and moved on.

Why did he bother himself with you? Why did he linger his gaze upon your smile? He fastened his pace, wanting to reach Yuuichi. Why?

(Suddenly, he remembered the time you trudged on, despite the violent antics displayed during Mannouzaka, the time you cried for the team; happy tears down your face; and then the time you gave him a gift. A childish aspect, yet the plushie was as cute and soft as your smile was.)

Why, when he looked behind him; back at you and the patient, back at your smile once again; does he have the urge to want to play soccer with you?

Immediately, he blocked the thought out of his head. Such a privilege — no, such a heinous act shouldn't be something he must divulge in.

It's for Nii-san, he told himself that as he made his way to Yuuichi's room. It's for Nii-san.

It's all for him.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

"Oh, hello again, [Surname]," Yuuichi said.

You waved, Once you entered his room, you looked around. The book you gave to Yuuichi remained in his grasp, but you did not see a cat plushie.

"Ah, Kyousuke had just left."

You nodded, slowly, at that. Yuuichi patted the seat by his bed. Once you were seated, he said, "Oh, the plushie you gave to Kyousuke is very cute. Kyousuke even liked it."

Your eyes widened in surprise. Tsurugi liked it? You scrambled to write on your board. "He didn't, um, donate it away or anything?"

You didn't have the heart to say that you thought Tsurugi might have thrown it away.

IEGO || Heart Catcherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें