『 CHAPTER 14 』

"The match resumed, but with a twist! Raimon's new player, [Surname] [Name] has joined on the field as a defender, taking Kurumada-san's place!"

"Oh, that's interesting," Isozaki mocked. "I didn't think you'd have a new player. A stupidly brave one at that."

Shindou glared at him. "She isn't stupid. But she is brave, and she has joined us to win this."

"Hah, we'll show her like we'd show you when you disobey!"

You heard that loud and clear. Honestly, he didn't know what an inside voice is.

"Go [Name]! Show them what you can do!"

You turned to the stands, where you saw Yuukoku. He waved the plushie you bought him. You smiled, and you mewled, hoping he could hear you. You focused back on the match when you heard the whistle.

It started off on Mannouzaka's end. Shirohito passed the ball to Isozaki. Tenma went it for a steal, but was pushed aside by another midfielder from the team.

Isozaki made a pass to another teammate. That teammate aimed the ball towards Kirino at Isozaki's signal.

However, you blocked the ball from Kirino with your leg.

"What the —"

A dark force surrounded the ball. You marked an X with your arms, as you twirled before kicking the ball towards Shindou. The dark force shifted into a X-shaped chain, disabling the opponents access from getting the ball.

Hissatsu Technique: Phantom Shoot X

"That girl!" As if he knew, Yuukoku stood up and yelled, pointing his thumb (where he believed) at you in the stands with a proud smile. "I raised her you know!"

"Oh, Coach Endou! Wasn't that guy over there used to be Occult Jr High's captain when we were younger?" Haruna asked.

"Oh hey, I remember him! Didn't think he's related to [Surname]!"

"Kinda creepy looking," Midori commented. "[Name]'s definitely cuter."

Thanks to your defense earlier, Shindou charged forward and scored a goal with Harmonics.

"GOAAALLL! Raimon turned the tables into a tie!" Kakumu announced.

You checked your stitches, before looking up to be met with Isozaki's and Tsurugi's glares. You glared back.

The first half was over.

You hadn't sweated, since it was a short play for you. You signed your thanks when Sangoku gave you your bottle. He ruffled your head.

"You did great, [Nickname]! Keep up the good work."

You smiled. You felt someone staring at you, and noticed it came from Kirino. Kirino blushed when he realised he got caught, but you just waved. He waved back too despite looking away.

After you spent your break; not facing any other seniors of yours that wasn't Shindou, Sangoku, or Kirino; going through some hissatsu techniques taught by your uncle through your head, the second half began.

"Do your best," the managers and Shinsuke cheered for you.

You were grateful. You were confident. But you were clueless to the plan that Mannouzaka was hatching.

It was Raimon's end. Shindou kicked towards Tenma — but was intercepted quick.

Mannouzaka's midfielder sidestepped Tenma, then kicked to their forward. You were ready to defend, but their forward back passed against the wall with a hissatsu.