『 CHAPTER 34 』

"[Name]."

You snapped out of your trance. You turned away from the tombstone of your mother to face Yuukoku. He gestured to the bouqeut of white roses and your mother's favourite flowers in hand.

You stepped aside so he could replace the wilted flowers on the grave.

"Hey there, big sis," Yuukoku said. "Look, we got you new flowers."

You nodded alongside his words. You shuffled closer to Yuukoku, allowing him to pat your head.

"Do you see your little girl now, big sis? She's grown round this much. You know, I wonder, whether you would tease about her height as you did mine back then."

He reached out to rub the tombstone. You followed after him. Your finger lingered across the gloss of your mother's maiden name.

"How is it today over there?" Yuukoku continued. "With mother and father. Are they happy to see their granddaughter and their son here?"

A droplet hit your nose. You squeaked.

Yuukoku chuckled. "Ah, see big sis? The rain has come to water your flowers. You always liked it when it rain."

The droplets came down one by one. Yuukoku took off his coat to shield you from them.

You gazed up at the rain. Your mother did like it, but for you, you could only ever remain neutral about it. You didn't mind when it rained. But, right now, you wondered.

You wondered: Why had the rain not come that fiery day?

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

You were still not allowed to play for the field, so you have returned to your manager position.

Your eyes looked around. You noticed that Amagi appeared distracted during practice, especially after the announcement of Raimon's next match, Genei Gakuen. Kidou noticed, too, which led to Amagi being sent home early before practice ended.

Your eyes softened. You rummaged through your bag and took out an orange juice box. You left a note with Aoi that you were going to talk with Amagi for a moment.

When you caught up with him, Amagi staggered from the way you popped up in front of him.

"[Surname]! You gave me a shock there...."

You signed him an apology. He shook his head.

"No, no. It's fine. Is there something you wanna ask?"

You shook your head. Then, you held out the orange juice to him. He pointed to himself in question. You nodded. He muttered a thanks and took it.

While he poked the straw through the top, Amagi looked at it with a frown. You thought that there was something wrong with until Amagi said, "[Surname], I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but ... could we talk for a moment?"

Your eyes widened a bit. But, as he was your senior that you respected, you agreed to his request. The both of you went to sit at the bench at the small park near the school.

A stray cat came up by your feet. It looked at you. You looked back at it. Suddenly, the cat meowed loudly and repeatedly. You and Amagi jolted.

From this, you recalled that animals are more sensitive to spiritualism. This cat figured you were far from human, but you couldn't quite get why had the cat not run away from you.

"Do you think it's hungry?" Amagi asked.

You shrugged, while your brain was filled about an idea that the cat was trying to tell Amagi that beside him was a zombie. Your hair stood on ends on that.