『 CHAPTER 4 』

Upon the doorbell, Sangoku hurriedly turned off the tap water. "I'm coming I'm coming!"

After he opened the door, he was greeted by you waving your hand at him.

"[Nickname], y-you're here early."

You beamed then showed what you typed on your phone: "I want to walk to school with you!"

"Ah, like the old days, huh? Hahaha, alright. Hold on, I need to clean up the table first."

"Can I help?"

"Sure!"

You stepped inside his apartment, looking around.

"Ah, if you're wondering where's mom, she already went to work."

You nodded your head.

"Did Yuukoku-san also went to work?"

You nodded again.

"Would you be fine by yourself?"

"I'll be fine by myself at home, but I guess I'll be bored."

"Ahahahah, in that case, want to hang out after practice?"

You nodded vigorously. A toothy grin on your face.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Your new friends greeted you and Sangoku on your way to school. You listened to them chatter on, gushing about the club, and Sangoku laughed at their enthusiasm.

You were envious that Sangoku was able to pipe in on their chatter, but you told yourself that it was fine that you couldn't provide a word.

You were also envious at the fact that Tenma and Shinsuke got to join practice while you were resigned to the bench. But, again, you told yourself it was fine you couldn't get to play. After all, you're here to provide the team refreshments as an effort to help them. That's fine, too.

And you got to watch how your teammates played, front row seat.

Ah, they played with such enthusiasm that you were really envious of their hissatsu techniques.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

You were in the clubroom. Sangoku went to change, so you sat and waited.

While waiting, you figured you started writing in your journal. As a zombie, you couldn't quite rely on your memory after all, what with your, while still functioning, undead brain. The last thing you'd want was forgetting about everybody and who you were.

It was also helpful having a mini guide on how to survive as a zombie, in a world full of living humans.

You were too focused in writing that. you didn't quite hear Minamisawa entering the room.

He noticed your hunched back and raised an eyebrow. Being a bit curious, he snuck and saw your unzipped bag. He let out a little whistle.

"That's quite a lot of books you have there, [Surname]."

You jolted in surprise and looked at Minamisawa.

He stiffened. "Ah ... sorry."

You blinked, before gesturing 'it's okay' with a smile.

"Do you read?"

You nodded.

"What kind of literature?"

"Horror!" You showed your reply on your phone screen.

Minamisawa hummed. "Just that?"

You think for a moment. "Maybe some myths and legends."