『 CHAPTER 36 』

It's cold.

Almost, your eyelids hesitated to flutter open. However, when you turned to your side, your cheek was pressed against a metallic surface.

Your eyes snapped opened.

You sat up. Your leg pulled over the other, before they rested against the metal bench edge. Your eyes landed on the bars that sealed up the small window on the brick wall. Opposite of a window was a metal door.

You stood up and walked over to the door.

The door was cold, too. You pressed your hands against it and tried to push. It did not budge. As you frown, you checked your fingers. They still had the [s/c] foundation applied. You hoped it was the same for your face.

You pressed your head against the door. Your eyes shut tight as you try to recall what happened before your current predicament.

You were with Sangoku and everyone else. Tenma had just arrived. The chairman and his assistant stood before the group.

Something about an apology to you. A small break for a vacation for the team, they said.

Then, you were led inside the bus. You gazed outside the bus. Kurama, Hayami, Hamano looked at the bus with concern as they waved at you goodbye.

A smell. An odd smell. It entered your nose. It made your crystal pulse oddly. Your brain cells moved and forced your veins to sleep.

You snapped your eyes opened. The chairman lied. You growled.

You turned to the barred window behind you. You walked up to it. Standing on your toes, you gazed out. Barely, you saw a ruined tower. 

This was no vacation like the chairman told you. This was no form of apology to you from Fifth Sector about the Waterworld incident.

This, instead, was a trap for you and your friends.

Your fingers glossed across the brick wall. The moss fell when you rubbed them away from your skin. You stomped on the moss, and dragged them away across the floor with your sole.

You bend your other leg; the knee; forward. Your arm reached back. Your fingers curled into a fist and you lurched forth.

The wall cracked.

Another punch. Then another. And another. Then a roundhouse kick. Two more punches. The wall cracked, cracked, and cracked. The metal bars on the window creaked and bend.

Then, the wall crumbled.

You stepped back as it did. You waved your hands around to let the dirt fell. You frowned a little at your smudged makeup on your knuckles.

You couldn't mind on it for long, however. You had go get out this cell. You peered out from the exit you made.

It was a long drop below. Well, it didn't matter. You wouldn't feel the pain anyway.

And so, you jumped forth into the night.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

Sangoku looked up at the stars. He sighed against his knees.

"Is everything alright there, Sangoku?"

Sangoku turned to see Endou. He called out his name upon the appearance. Endou gave him a sympathetic smile, sitting beside Sangoku on the cave's ground.

"Are you worried?"

"I am," Sangoku sighed. "I'm worried about Coach Kidou, Haruna-san, and the girls. Especially [Nickname]. That Kibayama person didn't even tell us where [Nickname] is. Is she with the girls? Had they put her somewhere else? Is she okay?" He sighed again. "I hope she is."