『 CHAPTER 20 』

"[Surname]~!"

Another day of visiting the Resistance led to a happy Miyabino who greeted you with a hug. Well, tried to, since he failed, when Sangoku pulled you to the side.

"Please maintain personal space while we're here, Miyabino-san."

Sangoku's smile didn't quite reach his eyes, and neither did Miyabino's. You tensed up between the dark atmosphere between both goalkeepers. You tugged Sangoku's sleeve, so he turned his attention back onto you, ignoring Miyabino's pout.

You signed to Miyabino an apology. He sighed, nodding his head. He noticed you were looking around, so he told you that Ryuuzaki was swarmed with schoolwork and was unable to see you, since he shouldn't have any connections with the club for now.

You hoped Ryuuzaki's mental state would be alright with the amount of homework he's given.

"[Surname]," Tsurugi called. "I'm training with Tenma on how he could summon his Kenshin. So I'll focus on you when we're done, got that?"

You nodded.

"Does this mean you're up to practising with me, [Surname]?" Kirino approached you. You nodded to him, and he brought you along to his side ⸺ missing the slight glare Tsurugi gave ⸺ where you two would practice on defence.

The Resistance suggested having a change of scenery to practice, so Endou picked the riverbank for the place after you all left Teikoku.

While practising, you noticed Ichino and Aoyama from afar. When they saw you waved at them, they flinched. They fled from there after a polite wave back.

You puffed up your cheeks.

Around 12PM, it was break time for the team. Endou had received a call.

"Every player is a Seed?!" he shouted.

"Coach Endou, what was that call?" Shindou asked.

"Every player is a Seed... Isn't that Kaiou Academy?" Kirino said beside you.

Kaiou Academy? You tilted your head. Kaiou Kaiou Kaiou Kaiou. Isn't that school —

"Ah, [Surname], d'you know what school Kaiou Academy is?" Hamano asked.

"Isn't Kaiou Academy a pirate school?" was your reply that sent Hamano into a fit of laughter.

"A pirate, haha! A pirate school! Hahahahaha!" He clutched his stomach.

Your cheeks turned red when you saw everyone else was struggling not to laugh, or were shaking their heads.

"R-relax," Hamano breathed out, "we're not making fun of you. Honestly, you're not far off."

"What Hamano said," Sangoku added. He patted your head as a way to further reassure you that no one was making fun of you. "I've heard they have a pirate ship attraction at their school. It's open to the public during the weekends and for festivals."

A pirate ship! Your eyes sparkled. I wanna see it!

Hayami whimpered. "You can talk about them being pirates all you want. It's not going to change the fact they're all Seeds and we're all doomed!"

"Now don't be so down, Hayami." Hamano patted his friend's back. "What this means is that we're going to need to work harder. Right, [Surname]?"

You nodded as you punched the air. Yours and Hamano's smile spurred the team's spirits to practice harder.

Hayami's eyes lingered on you while you entered the field, hand in hand with Hamano.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡