~٢~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

Coming back home to the community and family feels overwhelming after being away for so long. But Alhamdulillah, I'm glad I'm back home though.

After studying dentistry I decided to further my knowledge by deciding to learn more about my deen. And Alhamdulillah, I finished the school this year and now I'm back home. I do miss being in Saudi Arabia but I missed being home more. So Alhamdulillah for everything.

Mama is starting to pressurize me into bringing a girl home or to allow her find a girl for me and I'm not finding it funny at all "baba you know you're not getting any younger, and I want to hold my grandchildren before I pass away" she says everytime the topic is brought forth.

So now, I don't know what she wants me to do or where she wants me to start looking from, I just came home and I'm still trying to reconnect with my old friends and the community talkmore of knowing how to look for a suitable wife.

||~••~||

"Assalamu alaikum Naeem, nice to see you" sheikh Ayman greets shaking my hand. "I missed your Qur'an recitation during yesterday's taraweeh people have been talking about you you know" he smiles.

"Oh it's nothing, the imam was late so I took over" i say rubbing the back of my neck shyly "Oh come on!" he says patting me on the back. "Come, your father was telling me you're back permanently why not join the masjid committee this ramadan to tutor the kids here."

"Sure I would love too, when can I start?" I ask "you can start this evening the committee has divided the volunteers into groups, you meet Aamir and he'll explain everything to you." He explains.

"Jazakallahu khairan, sheikh nice to see you again" "wa ihyakum habibi say hello to your father for me" he adds "in shaa Allah." I nod.

I walk further into the masjid in search of Aamir and I spot him talking to a sister. "Assalamau alaikum Aamir" i greet bowing my head a bit "Wa alaikumus salam Akhi, how are you?"  "I'm fine Alhamdulillah, how's everything?" I ask.

"I should go" the sister standing beside him says " ok then, call me when you're ready so we can go home" he says patting her shoulder. "Everything is fine Alhamdulillah." He smiles. When did he get married?  i ask myself.

"Congratulations Aamir i see you got married without telling me, I might not have been around but you could have at least told me" i tease hitting him on his side lightly.

"What makes you think I got married?" he chuckles holding onto my hand. "The sister who just left" i say it like it's obvious "Auzubillah, brother she's my sister Aman, have you forgotten I have a sister" he chuckles. "Hh I'm so sorry Aamir i thought.." i stutter "Don't be, you're not the first to say such" he says still laughing.

"I just thought" i start trying to explain myself "it's fine really, what brings you to the mosque this early?" He asks as we start walking deeper into the mosque. "I just met with sheikh Ayman outside and he spoke to me about the ramadan program going on and said I should meet up with you to explain things further."

"Yeah, you can join in but the problem is your going to have to work individually with the kids all the groups are filled up" he explains. "That's fine" i say.

"Let me call Aman to take you up to the brothers I have to be at the airport to pick up my grandparents so I can't show you around but Aman can take you to the other brothers." he apologizes bringing out his phone to call his sister I assume.

"Hello Aman, yes please, ok I'm still standing were you left me. Thank you. She'll be here soon." He says and I nod. "Assalamu alaikum" she says as she walks up to us "wa alaikumus salam" we chorus.

"Aman please take Naeem up to meet the other brothers i would have done it but I need to be somewhere else" he explains. "Ok then I'll see you later" she waves at him as he walks away.

"This way" she says showing me the path to follow we walk silently up the stairs and into another wing of the mosque and I sight the brothers from afar.

"You can tell them Aamir told you to meet up with them they'll explain everything to you" she says nodding towards them. "Jazakallahu khairan" i say finally looking up to look at her. She's fair in complexion and looks a bit pale, she looks just like Aamir except she has softer features and longer lashes.

"Auzubillah" I mutter under my breathe looking away.  "Wa ihyak" she says nodding before she turns around and walks away. Well it's just me now. I take a deep breath and start walking towards the brothers.

Assalamu alaikum lovelies🤍
It was supposed to be next week but surprise!! An early update 🥳
Second chapter up. What do you all think of Naeem?
Don't forget to like comment and share💌.